Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By JAherbert

Private hospitals refuse treatment involving legal action.

Closed Thread

Private hospitals refuse treatment involving legal action.

on backchat RTHK 3 this morning, private hospitals have the policy to refuse to treat any patient that could be / would be involved in legal action, the recent example is Adventist and protestors, but also other injuries, like a car accident or an accident at work, that might involve the court, will not be treated at private hospitals.

That's a surprise to me, and perhaps others many relying on private health insurance. So people maybe be paying private health insurance with an expectation of accident cover, yet the private hospitals will refuse treatment.

Maybe its common knowledge, but is a surprise to me.

hullexile and MABinPengChau like this.

Quote Originally Posted by JAherbert:
    on backchat RTHK 3 this morning, private hospitals have the policy to refuse to treat any patient that could be / would be involved in legal action, the recent example is Adventist and protestors, but also other injuries, like a car accident or an accident at work, that might involve the court, will not be treated at private hospitals.

That's a surprise to me, and perhaps others many relying on private health insurance. So people maybe be paying private health insurance with an expectation of accident cover, yet the private hospitals will refuse treatment.

Maybe its common knowledge, but is a surprise to me.
    Is it legal for them to refuse treatment?

Quote Originally Posted by hullexile:
    Is it legal for them to refuse treatment?
    apparently, it is not illegal to refuse treatment.