Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By bsh

How to get CPAP machine for temporary use?

Closed Thread

How to get CPAP machine for temporary use?

I will be in HK for three months and would like to use the time to try out and get used to CPAP, for my sleep apnea. Prefer not to buy until I know I can adjust to using it. Would anyone know where I can borrow or inexpensively rent a machine and masks? Thanks.

A company called Celki rents out various sleep equipment but I'm not sure if you need a doctor's recommendation.
    You will need to buy your own mask though. These usually are not returnable.

They have several branches. One of the reps at the Sha Tin branch spoke great English.

www.celki.com (maybe a hk at the end)

Costs around $1200 a month.

chuckster007 likes this.

I have used the company mentioned above "Celki" from their Causeway Bay shop, i rented it to try it out and got a machine for HK$1100, this was 2 years ago as I found the selling costs to be very expensive, i saw a few for 15000 upwards, so after renting it a for a while I went and bought one from Amazon for only HK$4500 including delivery.

you have to buy your own mask and tube as they dont rent that out. Celki is a great shop to rent from.

Thank you for all the helpful replies. In some places overseas, companies that are distributors of the machines and masks let you try them out for several weeks for free. Are there any such companies in HK?

Original Post Deleted
    Some of the machines include an option for humidifying the incoming air to avoid drying out the nasal passages or throat. Just have to keep all the parts very clean.