Like Tree27Likes

Any home remedies for plantar fasciitis folks?

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Birkenstock sandals. Ugly but oooh....so comfortable.

Anyway, ugly sandals are all the rage these days.

Hospital says to wear trainers and stretch the foot, calf and hamstring muscles.

Quote Originally Posted by bsh:

Anyway, ugly sandals are all the rage these days.

Hospital says to wear trainers and stretch the foot, calf and hamstring muscles.
    So, would it be better to wear trainers made for this specific purpose or put in sole relief orthotics such as one by Dr Scholl's. Saw these in sole stuffs designated for plantar fasciitis at Fanda that costs 300 something each.

Put in special or customised insoles.

Quote Originally Posted by hannah01:
    So, would it be better to wear trainers made for this specific purpose or put in sole relief orthotics such as one by Dr Scholl's. Saw these in sole stuffs designated for plantar fasciitis at Fanda that costs 300 something each.
    Buy them from Amazon.com, $13 USD.

You may wish to consider this: https://www.physioroom.com/product/U...032/40628.html

I used to suffer from plantar fasciitis and wearing this to bed stretches the arch of the foot over the course of the night. Happy to donate my (used) sock for a good cause.

hannah01 likes this.

Superfeet insoles plus an additonal foam patch on the exact spot. You have to find that by trial and error. I found with the newer generation (2018 line) New Balance running shoes, they improved thier insole and I no longer need to swap it out.

I think the only home remedy is to not walk or impose yourself to being in a wheel chair. Seriously, get some cushiony slippers i.e. flip flops for walking around the house.

It is possible to heal it but you have to wear the proper shoes and insoles for about a year.

hannah01 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by edmundt:
    You may wish to consider this: https://www.physioroom.com/product/U...032/40628.html

I used to suffer from plantar fasciitis and wearing this to bed stretches the arch of the foot over the course of the night. Happy to donate my (used) sock for a good cause.
    Is it possible to find it in HK? I'm clueless about foot clinics here (or orthotic stores).

Quote Originally Posted by RMDNC:
    Superfeet insoles plus an additonal foam patch on the exact spot. You have to find that by trial and error. I found with the newer generation (2018 line) New Balance running shoes, they improved thier insole and I no longer need to swap it out.

I think the only home remedy is to not walk or impose yourself to being in a wheel chair. Seriously, get some cushiony slippers i.e. flip flops for walking around the house.

It is possible to heal it but you have to wear the proper shoes and insoles for about a year.

My job requires a lot of standing. Have been looking for shoes targeted for plantar fasciitis but till now all I've managed to find is a jelly insole at Dr Kong.

Management : Ibuprofen to reduce pain (and inflammation) but I guess it will be more harmful in the long run, vitamin complex supplements blah blah. Some stretching exercises and ice compression.

Also, I am looking for compression socks. You've mentioned NB (for shoes). Perhaps, I should pop in there. ( Edit : Google result shows those socks can be found in Mannings, Watson's and Fanda. Yay! The real pain is finding the shoes).
    Last edited by hannah01; 29-09-2019 at 05:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bsh:
    But are they useful for PF? They do have a very good bed and are comfortable, but they are quite hard. Maybe they do work, I am a bit skeptical. Using extra heel pads is also not really practical with sandals.

But I would like to read from PF sufferer that tried Birkenstocks.

Tennis ball 🙂 roll your heel using tennis ball (there’s a real one but tennis ball is a cheap:accessible sub)! Hope u feel better soon!