Like Tree7Likes

Dental help

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by LifeInHK:
    Can try Dr Chu. I went for 2 fillings, they turned out good.

Dr Joseph Chu,
    Shop 5, G/F
    30-36 Shau Kei Wan Road, Sai Wan Ho
    Tel: 2539 8649
    (Corner of Tai Cheong Street, next block is Police Traffic Centre)
    I cant seem to talk to his receptionist. Sorry to ask but how do you book an appointment? I cant understand Cantonese btw. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by zawarudo:
    Any more feedbacks for Dr. Yau when it comes to tooth fillings? I scheduled an appointment on Friday and his cost is 440-480 hkd for the tooth filling and 450 for cleaning
    If you search geo he has been recommended a few times, to the point where I tried him out. Did some fillings, a wisdom tooth and all was good and cheap.

I had another, more complicated wisdom tooth and he told me openly that I should go to someone else in central for that type

Quote Originally Posted by cookie09:
    If you search geo he has been recommended a few times, to the point where I tried him out. Did some fillings, a wisdom tooth and all was good and cheap.

I had another, more complicated wisdom tooth and he told me openly that I should go to someone else in central for that type
    Thanks for responding, so he's trustworthy when it comes to tooth fillings then.

Thanks for responding, so he's trustworthy when it comes to tooth fillings then.
    Yes I liked him. I also appreciated that he talked me through - in good English - what he was doing during the treatment. That’s something I like and not even the expensive ones in central do well

Quote Originally Posted by cookie09:
    Yes I liked him. I also appreciated that he talked me through - in good English - what he was doing during the treatment. That’s something I like and not even the expensive ones in central do well
    Do you mind telling me how long did the entire process take?

He’s my dentist and a very good one.

Dr Chu is better for more short term fixes i.e if you are in a lot of pain he will help you out so you can buy yourself time and find another dentist. He's given me a couple of fillings which both detached within days and badly damaged a tooth resulting in me needing an implant at a relatively young age. I see Dr Olivia in Causeway Bay now. She's a bit more expensive and less honest (feels like she is trying to max out your insurance policy) but at least her treatments last.

With travel normalised now, just go to BKK.

Good day everyone

I just got a hole in my lower second molar tooth yesterday. I'm planning to go to a dentist but I've been inquiring and the average prices for a tooth filling ranges from 1,000-3,000.

Do you guys know any cheaper, not so expensive dentist that offers an "economical" price for tooth filling?

Thank you everyone!
    The cheapest in hk should be about 600 hkd, about 500 rmb for a filling from US in Shenzhen, cheapest 200 rmb from imported Japan fillings.

Here are the prices for the dentist I go to .. Name:  dentist.jpg
Views: 130
Size:  146.7 KB

And the address (Sai Ying Pun)
    Name:  dentist2.jpg
Views: 130
Size:  73.0 KB

RobRoy likes this.