Like Tree39Likes

Antibody test for Covid?

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6

Quote Originally Posted by Victoriastar
    Dear, items as such come with false positives and false negatives. If these really work, who would medical professionals test the risk of doing throat swab which can stimulate coughing and hence their risk of being infected?

More importantly, there is a broad time frame between infection to antibody being produced by the body. I don't see any value in this kit.
    Antibody tests are useful if you are looking for antibodies. Unfortunately some people try and use them to identify positive covid, which is not what they are useful for. I was looking for antibodies.

I would advice you not to waste money on this kit. There are indeed many fake products out there. If you are looking for something diagnostic, the gold standard is PCR, not antibodies. I understand your worry, just that there aren't a lot of quality assurance on products claiming themselves as rapid tests.

TheBrit likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by civil_servant
    How coronavirus testing works and where to get tested

https://www.scmp.com/news/hong-kong/...-and-where-get

Has anyone walked into the HK gov't general outpatient clinic or hospital and asked for an antibody test?

Like the OP - I'm interested in knowing if I have LIKELY had or not had it in the last few months so a PCR test will NOT be suitable - only an antibody test.

I tried to get into a couple studies offering free antibody testing, but they filled up too quickly (within minutes or hours).

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6