Like Tree45Likes

Antibody test for Covid?

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6

I would advice you not to waste money on this kit. There are indeed many fake products out there. If you are looking for something diagnostic, the gold standard is PCR, not antibodies. I understand your worry, just that there aren't a lot of quality assurance on products claiming themselves as rapid tests.

TheBrit likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by civil_servant:
    How coronavirus testing works and where to get tested

https://www.scmp.com/news/hong-kong/...-and-where-get

Has anyone walked into the HK gov't general outpatient clinic or hospital and asked for an antibody test?

Like the OP - I'm interested in knowing if I have LIKELY had or not had it in the last few months so a PCR test will NOT be suitable - only an antibody test.

I tried to get into a couple studies offering free antibody testing, but they filled up too quickly (within minutes or hours).

Any update on this thread? I might need a 'COVID-19 nucleic acid test report' in order to get a visa for Taiwan. Where can I get this test in Hong Kong?

Last edited by drumbrake; 24-06-2020 at 09:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by drumbrake:
    Any update on this thread? I need a 'COVID-19 nucleic acid test report' in order to get a visa. Where can I get in Hong Kong?
    Gleneagles, Sanatorium and Union Hospital all do Covid testing
    drumbrake, HK_Katherine and shri like this.

Be wary about clinics offering these tests.

I need a test before I can take a flight. The airline needs the original copy of the test report. While the clinic can give me a fax copy within around 24 hours, the original copy takes 'around 2 days'. However, the test needs to be done within 72 hours of the flight, and things stop working at weekends, so timing is everything. Ask lots of questions before handing over your money for a test and make sure everyone is clear about when you will get the original test report.

shri, mrgoodkat and ArrynField like this.

A recommendation for a place to get the test done: Trinity Medical, Central Imaging, Diagnostic & Medical Centre:22/F, Entertainment Building, 30 Queen’s Road, Central, Hong Kong - Cost was $1600 (including a $300 fee for a doctor's consultation which you might be able to claim back if you have company medical insurance)
    https://trinitymedical.com.hk/en/

Another place not recommended - They might have 'Quality' in their name, but they don't provide a quality service.

Quote Originally Posted by drumbrake:
    Be wary about clinics offering these tests.

I need a test before I can take a flight. The airline needs the original copy of the test report. While the clinic can give me a fax copy within around 24 hours, the original copy takes 'around 2 days'. However, the test needs to be done within 72 hours of the flight, and things stop working at weekends, so timing is everything. Ask lots of questions before handing over your money for a test and make sure everyone is clear about when you will get the original test report.
    Is it the airline asking for this, or does your final port of call require this?

Quote Originally Posted by ArrynField:
    Is it the airline asking for this, or does your final port of call require this?
    The airline requires it because the country I'm going to requires it.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6