Like Tree5Likes

send prescription medication from HK to another country

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

send prescription medication from HK to another country

Hi, as no one can fly, I have a family member (a HK person stuck overseas) that needs prescription medication. I have the medicine, and the prescription paperwork from the hospital authority.

However, it appears you can't ship medicine out of HK - under any circumstances, unless you have an export license (which individuals can not have).

Does anyone know anything about this? and any possible exceptions that can be granted? Know who to talk to etc?

Thanks

HK customs most likely won't notice if you send a care package with local delicacies and "forget" to declare the meds. (I am not advising you to do that, just something I've heard). But depending on the other country it's probably illegal to import them as well. Can't your friend get a prescription from a local doctor?

Not that I would, but if someone were to do it, Do you know which sender is best at least-likely checking?
    DHL asks, and meds in bottles have a very distinctive sound when shaken!

Importing at the other country has already been verified - if you have prescription it can be done. just have to pay tax. Can't get the same med there.
    Its just HK that you absolutely can't import or export any medicine- including vitamins - period. very hardline So that means that companies like iherb must have an import license with HK Customs on record, in order for us to get their products.

Quote Originally Posted by AsiaJason:
    DHL asks, and meds in bottles have a very distinctive sound when shaken!
    Err buy cotton wool, shove more inside the bottles so that the pills dont make any sound as they will be packed in tightly, put in package box with other necessary items, any crap that you think your friend can use in the declaration, put care package, gifts from HK

try this website

https://spaceship.hk/en/

you need a prescription from the destination country in order for your family member to receive the drugs

If all else fails u have two options

1. Contact HK Customs dept and ask them if they can help
    2. Find the genric name of the drugs and see if that country your family member is stuck in sells it in another name.

What country is your family stuck in??

@chuckster007 haha I just realized you must have changed your username? long time no see.... I'm not on here enough to have realized...

Customs here said no way no exception.
    Will look into the rest!

Thanks for your suggestions!
    awesome

Quote Originally Posted by AsiaJason:
    So that means that companies like iherb must have an import license with HK Customs on record, in order for us to get their products.
    If iherb sends you something directly then you are the importer, not iherb. HK customs just doesn't care enough. We receive lots of DHL packages every week for our business and also at home and we never had one stuck in customs or even opened.

I would ship with speedpost, but check online if your destination is still available for speedpost.

Quote Originally Posted by chuckster007:
    Err buy cotton wool, shove more inside the bottles so that the pills dont make any sound as they will be packed in tightly,
    I think customs usually use a different method to check for drugs in packages that doesn't involve shaking the pack.

z754103 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by greenmark:
    I think customs usually use a different method to check for drugs in packages that doesn't involve shaking the pack.

haha yes, but.....

The fact that iHerb ships with SFExpress and DHL 100's of packages a day importing to HK, and never one single report that I've heard or experienced myself of it ever being held by customs proves they must not be checking, or checking but not following their own strict rules. I would guess the former. I mean why have the strict rule if you enforce it 0%. doesn't make sense.

So i'm guessing that shipping out is going to be no problem.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast