Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By GreenCatalonia

Oncologist

Oncologist

Does anyone have any recommendations, especially for skin melanomas?

Thank you

Seems that"entrance" to Sai Ying Poon Skin Clinic is to have "new entries" into their clientele is to wait for their first appointment till March 2021 !!

I was there last Tuesday - on a regular "visit" - to have frozen Nitrogen squirted on pre-Cancerous lumps on my body - mostly on my scalp. Have been going there for many years of "free" skin burning.

Yes, it hurts somewhat, but "grin & bear/bare it" 'cos - for me - it's free of charge, and I don't want skin Cancers creeping over my near bald skin-head (where it can, at least, be seen!)

Get "enrolled" quickly: delaying a week could mean that treatment is delayed by more that the week you sat down to ponder whether you'll delay for some more.

I think that you'll need a Local Doctor's referral to get started if you ain't a Civil Servant or married to one.

So, in conclusion: "Extract Digit!"

Quote Originally Posted by GreenCatalonia:
    Seems that"entrance" to Sai Ying Poon Skin Clinic is to have "new entries" into their clientele is to wait for their first appointment till March 2021 !!

I was there last Tuesday - on a regular "visit" - to have frozen Nitrogen squirted on pre-Cancerous lumps on my body - mostly on my scalp. Have been going there for many years of "free" skin burning.

Yes, it hurts somewhat, but "grin & bear/bare it" 'cos - for me - it's free of charge, and I don't want skin Cancers creeping over my near bald skin-head (where it can, at least, be seen!)

Get "enrolled" quickly: delaying a week could mean that treatment is delayed by more that the week you sat down to ponder whether you'll delay for some more.

I think that you'll need a Local Doctor's referral to get started if you ain't a Civil Servant or married to one.

So, in conclusion: "Extract Digit!"
    Thanks for that. Should have mentioned person involved has excellent insurance and no referral needed, so basically looking for the best private doctor.

Regardless of Insurance coverage, there's absolutely NO POINT in "hanging about" & dithering about doing the next step to potential recovery.

Me? I had my Gallbladder removed by "inverted periscope diving" to save my life - many years ago when I wore much younger man's clothes.

Then there was the episode of Cancer of the Prostate which was resolved by firing high energy rays into it from above my body. It apparently killed off the Cancers lurking there,
    but stopped me fathering any more children! [ I didn't want to emulate Charlie Chaplin anyway!]

I just hope to read of the demise of Cliff Richard - born on the same day as me!

HK_Katherine likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenCatalonia:
    Regardless of Insurance coverage, there's absolutely NO POINT in "hanging about" & dithering about doing the next step to potential recovery.

I can assure you that noone is doing that. Not too sure how your cancer history is helping with this enquiry as all I am asking is does anyone have recommendations. This is not for immediate treatment, but someone I know would like a few options for screening/treatment, I have already given one.

So just asking again out there, is there anyone that you would recommend.