Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By TheBrit

Seven Corners health insurance

Seven Corners health insurance

Using a compare site, Seven Corners health insurance is much cheaper than anyone else.

What's the catch? Has anyone used them?

We ONLY need Outpatient (but of course it seems impossible just to buy that) because we already have Inpatient Health insurance - but hubby didn't realise what outpatient was and so when the consultant said he didn't need it, he just assumed that was true. (Which is why I am not trying to add outpatient to our existing cover - they basically lied to us).

Hence looking for a cheap solution.... but I do want one that actually works!

Also, is there any ombudsman to complain to about mis-selling of health insurance policies?
    EDIT - found it - https://www.icb.org.hk/en/introduction.html - anyone know if it does any good?

Last edited by HK_Katherine; 16-07-2020 at 10:24 PM.

Doesn't Seven Corners only do travel insurance?

I recommend CIGNA. Super coverage in Hong Kong. We enjoyoed their support for several births, various broken limbs, all sorts of dentistry and the usual suite of annual checkups, preventative medicene. Great value....

z754103 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBrit:
    I recommend CIGNA. Super coverage in Hong Kong. We enjoyoed their support for several births, various broken limbs, all sorts of dentistry and the usual suite of annual checkups, preventative medicene. Great value....
    Cigna are the people who stuffed us up.

Comes down to how much you willing to spend?

Also each provider will have a whole range of different plans with very different prices and coverage.

Finally who is seven corners underwritten by?

Quote Originally Posted by HK_Katherine:
    Cigna are the people who stuffed us up.
    Sounds more like your husband to me.

We ONLY need Outpatient (but of course it seems impossible just to buy that) because we already have Inpatient Health insurance - but hubby didn't realise what outpatient was and so when the consultant said he didn't need it, he just assumed that was true. (Which is why I am not trying to add outpatient to our existing cover - they basically lied to us).
    We've used CIGNA for fifteen years without issue - they have paid every claim on time without prevarication.

YMMV.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBrit:
    Sounds more like your husband to me.

We've used CIGNA for fifteen years without issue - they have paid every claim on time without prevarication.

YMMV.
    I don't have a problem with their claims payment (on the whole, we did have one issue). It was their selling I was cross about. Sure, my husband didn't help, but he didn't know what any of the terms meant so was relying on the agent to give him decent information. And the brief was "continue what we had before" which absolutely included outpatient.