Like Tree6Likes
  • 1 Post By CarmSam
  • 2 Post By Coolboy
  • 1 Post By chuckster007
  • 1 Post By Coolboy

Confirmed case in my building

Closed Thread

Confirmed case in my building

hi is there a protocol when there's a confirmed case in ur residence building? The thing is the lift that I used yesterday and honestly the only lift that use everyday was the one that was disinfected and closed. The confirmed case was from yesterday too. My thoughts are all jumbled up coz i don't know what to do. But i hope you get my point 😅 i was about to go to work when i saw the notice at the lift

Coolboy likes this.

Oh man, sorry to hear that. There was a confirmed case at my apartment too back in April. It did scared me quite me a bit because my wife and kid also lives with me of course. The building management implemented a thorough disinfection of the floor where the infected person lives and whoever that person was sent to quarantine. The management also contacted the Health Department and they sent people over here to collect samples and do another round of disinfection.

Some practical advice. Close the toilet lid when you flush the toilet. Do not use your bare fingers to touch the lift buttons. Use a tissue/napkin or better yet, an alcohol swap. Don't wait until you leave the lobby of your apartment to put on your mask, do it in your home right before you where possible open the windows to let the fresh air in.

CarmSam and Mrs. Jones like this.

it all depends on how paranoid you are.

a paranoid friend of mine had a case in his building so he self isolated himself and his family for 2 weeks in his home lol if you are like him then inform your office and self quarantine for 14 days.

If it was me I wouldnt care, its not like the positive case person lived with you, all you do is keep doing preventive measures, mask on, alcohol to clean hands every so often especially after touching lift buttons and doors etc.

look at all them red dots, you and everyone else is bound to live or go past these high risk areas lol Just be careful is all you can do.

edit: forgot to add the damm link DOH!!

https://wars.vote4.hk/en/high-risk

N95 or better mask. Latex gloves. Wash clothes and shower after returning home. Spray bottom of shoes with Lysol and place in a box near the front door. Wear a baseball cap if possible. Sunglasses or reading glasses.

Thank you! I do hope they send someone from the health department too, my workplace doesn't have a protocol yet so I'm unsure what to do next. I'll make sure to remember to do those things u said. Thank you !

Quote Originally Posted by chuckster007:
    it all depends on how paranoid you are.

a paranoid friend of mine had a case in his building so he self isolated himself and his family for 2 weeks in his home lol if you are like him then inform your office and self quarantine for 14 days.

If it was me I wouldnt care, its not like the positive case person lived with you, all you do is keep doing preventive measures, mask on, alcohol to clean hands every so often especially after touching lift buttons and doors etc.

look at all them red dots, you and everyone else is bound to live or go past these high risk areas lol Just be careful is all you can do.

edit: forgot to add the damm link DOH!!

https://wars.vote4.hk/en/high-risk
    thank you! I'm not that paranoid, but I'm just wondering what to do next since I still need to work and my management doesn't have a protocol yet. I don't want to attend work until I get a confirmation. And I just started a new job! no medical benefits yet

Quote Originally Posted by Coolboy:
    Oh man, sorry to hear that. There was a confirmed case at my apartment too back in April. It did scared me quite me a bit because my wife and kid also lives with me of course. The building management implemented a thorough disinfection of the floor where the infected person lives and whoever that person was sent to quarantine. The management also contacted the Health Department and they sent people over here to collect samples and do another round of disinfection.

Some practical advice. Close the toilet lid when you flush the toilet. Do not use your bare fingers to touch the lift buttons. Use a tissue/napkin or better yet, an alcohol swap. Don't wait until you leave the lobby of your apartment to put on your mask, do it in your home right before you where possible open the windows to let the fresh air in.
    Thank you! I do hope they send someone from the health department too, my workplace doesn't have a protocol yet so I'm unsure what to do next. I'll make sure to remember to do those things u said. Thank you !

Quote Originally Posted by CarmSam:
    I meant to say put on your masks right before you leave and despite the summer heat, open the windows to ventilate, but geoexpat does not allow me to edit now.
    CarmSam likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by CarmSam:
    thank you! I'm not that paranoid, but I'm just wondering what to do next since I still need to work and my management doesn't have a protocol yet. I don't want to attend work until I get a confirmation. And I just started a new job! no medical benefits yet
    If you are at a new job and your workplace doesnt have any protocol to deal with such incidents then you go to work unless you want to get terminated for not turning up.

You should inform your HR and tell them you have a positive case in your building and ask them what to do next, in our company because we have HSE dept they get notified and if the case is confirmed to a certain address then the employee is usually asked to WFH.

good luck.
    shri likes this.