Like Tree77Likes

Gonna be a dad, but my girlfriend is not a permanent resident

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by bittersweethood:
    Firstly thanks everyone for providing the details, knowing that she can be treated in a public hospital took a huge stress off my head. I really appreciate it, I was too worried that i have to shell out 100k to born a baby in private hospital, now it's very reassuring to see there are many of you have similar experiences.

And by the way she is not DH, but her work Visa has been expired for 6 to 7 months now, and I have registered for us to get married in October, it kind of complicate things because of that. I'm not familiar with the immigration process for over stay, but my fiance told me she will be fine once she go to the immigration and they will extend her visa . in the worst case I'm worried she will be deported back home or put behind bars for a few weeks and I cant take care of her.

she has been staying with me since shes pregnant, How can I get an address prove of her in my house? I've been thinking doing online shopping with her name but that doesnt sound legit enough to give to the public hospital. Any suggestions to get an address prove for her that is recognized by the gov?
    Tell her to go to the Consulate immediately! She will be having the baby in the Philippines. Tell her not to say you knew she was illegal or you will be in big trouble. If she voluntarily surrenders and offers to pay her own flight she should avoid prison.

She may be allowed back in before the banned period (I thought it was two years) is up if you are getting married.
    Eva C, MABinPengChau and aquaman like this.

oh lordy.

Oh dear, I’m sorry to hear that her visa is expired. You are now in another realm of trouble.
    Like Hull said the best bet is to ask the consulate for advice pronto.

MABinPengChau likes this.

Any hope of compassionate extension, covid-19, yada, yada, pregnant, etc.? Well, consulate will know the odds...when I was extending my work visa a couple of weeks ago (before so many positive cases) the place was packed with people from all over, families, not the usual work permit extenders...

Sigh, I think if it weren't an overstay there was a chance to get an extension with the coronavirus- even as just a visitor- but overstay...not good...

Might want to see if you can still buy health insurance in the Philippines what with being already pregnant- but even without insurance I think the medical costs in the Philippines are very reasonable, so should be affordable to give birth there- maybe Hull can tell us if you are allowed to enter these days, as a fiance, father of a child, etc. as they had lots of prohibitions on foreigners.

bittersweethood likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by MABinPengChau:
    Any hope of compassionate extension, covid-19, yada, yada, pregnant, etc.? Well, consulate will know the odds...when I was extending my work visa a couple of weeks ago (before so many positive cases) the place was packed with people from all over, families, not the usual work permit extenders...

Sigh, I think if it weren't an overstay there was a chance to get an extension with the coronavirus- even as just a visitor- but overstay...not good...

Might want to see if you can still buy health insurance in the Philippines what with being already pregnant- but even without insurance I think the medical costs in the Philippines are very reasonable, so should be affordable to give birth there- maybe Hull can tell us if you are allowed to enter these days, as a fiance, father of a child, etc. as they had lots of prohibitions on foreigners.
    No I don't think he can, the Consulate could advise. Childbirth in the Philippines is very cheap even in a private hospital. They do a lot of it

My three were all born here not Hong Kong.
    MABinPengChau likes this.

You got caught with the oldest trick in the book. Pay for a termination. It will be cheaper in the long run. If she claims religious objection fair enough but the church also teaches no sex before marriage so she is going to burn in hell no matter what. She goes back to PH and you should go in the opposite direction.

Harsh? Yes, but life.

Quote Originally Posted by hullexile:
    Tell her to go to the Consulate immediately! She will be having the baby in the Philippines. Tell her not to say you knew she was illegal or you will be in big trouble. If she voluntarily surrenders and offers to pay her own flight she should avoid prison.

She may be allowed back in before the banned period (I thought it was two years) is up if you are getting married.

so basically, once she goes to the consulate / immigration, she has to go back to the Philippines, there is literally no chance of being given another visa?

there is literally no chance of being given another visa?
    Zero.

If she was maybe 2-3 days overstay, but not 7 months!

so basically, once she goes to the consulate / immigration, she has to go back to the Philippines, there is literally no chance of being given another visa?
    Sorry but yes. She goes to the Consulate, immigration, court, and at some point home. Believe me I know how devastating this is but there is no option. And ignore people talking about traps and abortions, go with what you both want.

Quote Originally Posted by hullexile:
    Sorry but yes. She goes to the Consulate, immigration, court, and at some point home. Believe me I know how devastating this is but there is no option. And ignore people talking about traps and abortions, go with what you both want.
    Terminating the baby will never cross our minds. well thanks again, we will just have to prepare to say goodbye for a while once she goes to the immigration, it is not a problem she goes home, her parents can take care of her, and I can still provide from HK. It's just being there for my pregnant wife, next to her when she is not feeling well is way better than im in a distance comforting her..

thanks again for the advice

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast