Like Tree58Likes

Gonna be a dad, but my girlfriend is not a permanent resident

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by bittersweethood:
    there is literally no chance of being given another visa?
    Zero.

If she was maybe 2-3 days overstay, but not 7 months!

so basically, once she goes to the consulate / immigration, she has to go back to the Philippines, there is literally no chance of being given another visa?
    Sorry but yes. She goes to the Consulate, immigration, court, and at some point home. Believe me I know how devastating this is but there is no option. And ignore people talking about traps and abortions, go with what you both want.

Quote Originally Posted by hullexile:
    Sorry but yes. She goes to the Consulate, immigration, court, and at some point home. Believe me I know how devastating this is but there is no option. And ignore people talking about traps and abortions, go with what you both want.
    Terminating the baby will never cross our minds. well thanks again, we will just have to prepare to say goodbye for a while once she goes to the immigration, it is not a problem she goes home, her parents can take care of her, and I can still provide from HK. It's just being there for my pregnant wife, next to her when she is not feeling well is way better than im in a distance comforting her..

thanks again for the advice

How do you feel about your girlfriend blatantly lying to you about being able to go to Immigration and get a new visa?

Now you are planning to spend the pregnancy as a long distance relationship? Given she is unlikely to be able to return to HK anytime soon, and you don't seem to be considering quitting your job and moving to the Phillipines... what kind of father are you planning to be - absentee, sending some cash once a month?

Sage likes this.

so basically, once she goes to the consulate / immigration, she has to go back to the Philippines, there is literally no chance of being given another visa?
    What kind of work was she doing in HK before on a work visa??
    How long was her visa for?
    Where are you originally from?

a friend of mine married an Indonesian woman who had overstayed her visa. They tried to use the marriage to apply for her dependency visa however Immigration refused and she was deported and he applied for nearly a year after her deportation, to have her come back here, but HK Immigration kept refusing.
    She had overstayed her visa for at least a year. HK Immigration is not likely to be nice to you.
    However you CAN get married, that is done via HKID card, wish you luck with whatever decision you make.

If she lied to you, you better walk. If you knew, she knew but you both didn’t do your homework, that’s stupid but it happens.

See if you can get married in your / her consulate. I know some consulates issue marriage certificates at least overseas.

It sounds like an anchor baby to me.

BEAWARE - divorce results in 50/50 asset splits. Don’t take marriage and divorce lightly here. Prenuptial agreements are effectively worthless (even with a good lawyer) from what I am told.

jimbo, Mary 2 and gigglinggal like this.

With the overstay record, the spouse in HK is a pr and RICH maybe better for the application. A few rich expats got visas for their wives from those countries by showing the high amount of tax they paid in the last few years.

Quote Originally Posted by bbchris:
    a friend of mine married an Indonesian woman who had overstayed her visa. They tried to use the marriage to apply for her dependency visa however Immigration refused and she was deported and he applied for nearly a year after her deportation, to have her come back here, but HK Immigration kept refusing.
    She had overstayed her visa for at least a year. HK Immigration is not likely to be nice to you.
    However you CAN get married, that is done via HKID card, wish you luck with whatever decision you make.

Wow I was not expecting this thread to be such a roller coaster!

I don't have anything to add except report to Immd immediately. The longer she is out, the worse it will get in the future. Overstaying is a serious offence.

Any update from the OP on this?

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast