Like Tree1Likes

Where to buy Sharp air purifier filters

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Where to buy Sharp air purifier filters

I am looking for Sharp filters for my air purifier. HKTVMall only has a substitute copy brand (pureburg), and I would like to buy the original. At Yoho they are sold out. I can't find them on the Sharp website either. Does anybody know where I can find one?

Quote Originally Posted by john_1122:
    I am looking for Sharp filters for my air purifier. HKTVMall only has a substitute copy brand (pureburg), and I would like to buy the original. At Yoho they are sold out. I can't find them on the Sharp website either. Does anybody know where I can find one?
    Taobao. Search by model number. Substitute brands can be just as good btw, sometimes even better than originals.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob2020:
    Taobao. Search by model number. Substitute brands can be just as good btw, sometimes even better than originals.
    Thanks, but this is an air filter. How do I know it's good? If my daughter's asthma worsens it means it's fake?

Thanks, but this is an air filter. How do I know it's good? If my daughter's asthma worsens it means it's fake?
    They are pretty basic things, HEPA filters are not all that complicated.

Just find a well reviewed shop on taobao, it's not all dodgy stuff!

I tend to buy the replacement filters at Sharp Hong Kong. You need to call them 2427 5563

Try universal88.com they tend to have Sharp filters for older models.

I've just wandered into Fortress and ordered in the past.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob2020:
    They are pretty basic things, HEPA filters are not all that complicated.

Just find a well reviewed shop on taobao, it's not all dodgy stuff!
    I agree that HEPA filters are pretty basic, but if you claim "better than the originals" then you really need to back that up with evidence. And preferably a specific source to purchase from.

I'd be prepared to use random HEPA filters, but that's only because I have a couple of different particle counters to verify efficacy. I would not trust Taobao reviews as these are based purely on delivery and not home testing. I personally would trust one source on Taobao-Smartair, the guys behind the Beijing air blog.
    Rob2020 likes this.

Which model are you looking for?

How often should one change their filters?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast