Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By ArrynField

Dermatologist for Urticarial Vasculitis

Closed Thread

Dermatologist for Urticarial Vasculitis

Hi, I was recently diagnosed with Urticarial Vasculitis, a condition that causes me to break out in hives. I've already seen one Dr and been on medication but would like a 2nd opinion. Can anyone recommend a good dermatologist, please.

Thanks

Get an allergy test and see what you are allergic to.

anth.arrowsmith likes this.

Quercetin, a natural flavonoid may help
    you can buy it on iherb

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6273625/

I don't have any referreals but given you are in HK you might want to consider accupunture and/or traditional Chinese medicine as an alternative or a supplment to to your Western treatment. Check with some locals for referrals on those. I'm sure there are some people in town who can help you.

Sorry to hear that . Is it an acute, sudden onset or a chronic case ? In TCM , both sudden and chronic are due to the same reason ; build up of toxin from either external or internal accumulation. External , acute , is caused by irritants mixed with weakness in digestion and lungs. In the chronic cause , It is a sign of blood deficiency.

Di go see a chinese herbal practitioner, will help . Do stop with alcohol , seafood , and dairy and cold drinks. These items all put additional stress on the body .. withdrawing these items In your diet reducea stress load on the body.

Good luck

I saw Dr. Hui at Cutis Medical Group.

https://topdoc.hk/en/doctor/profile/shiu-kee-hui/

I would seek out a rheumatologist rather than a derm for a 2nd opinion.