Like Tree11Likes

2020 - Free Flu Vaccinations

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by rani:
    Quality Health supposedly has the largest allocation in HK. So if they don't have it no one will. I walked into Central QH last Monday and got the shot. Sent my Helper on Tuesday, and she was turned away. They said no stock. Fortunately, I had already made a booking on the app for her the previous week. Her appt was on Friday, and they gave her the shot. We were told if we had a booking that the shot would be kept for us. I have another appt this week for another family member. Am hoping will be the same.

I did call a few clinics, Matilda and a few smaller ones and they're hoping to get stock from the Gov't soon. But unfortunately no one has an ETA.
    thanks for this info. I have a flu job sponsored by my employer who are using QH - I've been procrastinating and sort of assumed I could walk in like prior years. Will give them a ring tomorrow to see what the deal is.

Did they get restocked?

our company used QMAS. there was an internal email earlier this week saying no more stock. if you hadnt already booked you're out of luck. if you had made an appointment you will still get the jab.

Is there a shortage of Flu Jabs?

I just tried to get an appointment for a flu jab (I qualify for the Government subsidy) and was told the waiting list was so long they were not adding anyone. Another person said that the same doctor has told them it may take 12 weeks to get supplies!

Is this just my doc or across HK? And is it related to the South Korean deaths after taking flu vaccines? Anyone know?

I did a walkin to a Gov Clinic in Tin Shui Wai and got my free flu jab on the spot. They said their bookings were full until the end of Nov but they have spare shots just incase.

HK_Katherine likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Flat Hunter:
    I did a walkin to a Gov Clinic in Tin Shui Wai and got my free flu jab on the spot. They said their bookings were full until the end of Nov but they have spare shots just incase.
    How do I find these Government clinics? Are they the ones attached to hospitals?

Quote Originally Posted by HK_Katherine:
    How do I find these Government clinics? Are they the ones attached to hospitals?
    Not necessarily. My local clinic was in Tsing Yi, I also went to one in Lai King when Tsing Yi was busy. Neither are near hospitals.

Here you are. List...

https://www.ha.org.hk/visitor/ha_vis...00250&Lang=ENG

I have tried three clinics in the area in the vaccine subsidy scheme, and all three were completely out. This is in TKO/Hang Hau area.

HK_Katherine likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by HK_Katherine:
    I just tried to get an appointment for a flu jab (I qualify for the Government subsidy) and was told the waiting list was so long they were not adding anyone. Another person said that the same doctor has told them it may take 12 weeks to get supplies!

Is this just my doc or across HK? And is it related to the South Korean deaths after taking flu vaccines? Anyone know?

Dedicare (in Melbourne House, Central) seem to have some (at least of yesterday)
    https://dedicare.hk/en/
    Fwiw, you seem to need to whatsapp them on 9298-1308 and try to make a booking.

I booked two days ahead (messaged on Tuesday, had the shot Thursday lunch-time). ymmv

Baklava likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by rani:
    Quality Health supposedly has the largest allocation in HK. So if they don't have it no one will. I walked into Central QH last Monday and got the shot. Sent my Helper on Tuesday, and she was turned away. They said no stock. Fortunately, I had already made a booking on the app for her the previous week. Her appt was on Friday, and they gave her the shot. We were told if we had a booking that the shot would be kept for us. I have another appt this week for another family member. Am hoping will be the same.

I did call a few clinics, Matilda and a few smaller ones and they're hoping to get stock from the Gov't soon. But unfortunately no one has an ETA.
    Quick update. We went back to QH yesterday for our appt and received the jab.