Like Tree9Likes

Dentist Recommendation?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Dentist Recommendation?

Hi,

Any recommendations for a decent dentist that doesn't charge too much? Flexible on location and doesn't need to speak English.

Got mad toothache so need a diagnosis and treatment (probably filling).

Thanks!

https://www.edr.hk/dentist/info/yung-yiu-chung
    Try this dentist office. There are 3 dentists in the office (very local dentist office, no fancy reception or environment). The old dentist is so good and has such good reputation that he is usually fully-booked for months (so no personal experience with this old dentist), but my family has been treated by the two younger dentists in that office. They were awesome and caring, and they took their work seriously, they would spend time to use different machines and methods to find out what was causing the problem. And their fees were very reasonable.
    One time I went there (3 years ago) with my gum aching, had an x-Ray and he put medication on my gum. I remember it costed me something like hkd170. I also had a filling done there, I think it was about hkd400. I know since the pandemic this office is not as busy as before. I got 2 appointments for my kid this year easily. Give them a call, ask them the price and availability. Good luck!
    Kiwi_Guy and Vrindavan like this.

Thank you very much!

If you're anywhere near the south side or can get on the south island MTR line easily, try Andrew Leung in South Horizons. Saw him last month for a cracked tooth. Xrays, extraction and meds including pain killers and antibiotics costed about $1000.

Leung, Siu Lung Doctors
    Located in: Marina Square West
    Address: 202B, 2/F., West Commercial Block, Marina Square, South Horizions, Ap Lei Chau, HK

Phone: 2870 0116
    He might not be taking new patients, so call and ask - and let them know you have an emergency - the receptionist did sneak me in during the dr's lunch break - but I am an existing client.
    Kiwi_Guy likes this.

American Dental Group in Prince's Building is the best dentist I've been to and I've been to countless dentists around the world. They won't necessarily be cheap but they will provide you the best overall experience and advice.

Kiwi_Guy likes this.

Marcus Fung, 7th floor Champion Buiiding, Jordan
    Australian trained, English speaker and understands that not all expats are rich.
    Reasonable fees and quality work.
    Am speaking from personal experience

ps: as soon as you hear someone works in the Princes Bldg get ready to be fleeced. Again am speaking from personal experience

Dr Peter Yip, in Quality Dental. He works from the Quarry Bay clinic and 1 in Central, I believe. He is fast and no-fuss.

What is the going rate these days for a filling at an established clinic in Central? Went in for one, was told another should be done and then ended up with a bill that was triple what I anticipated. Thinking it's about time to switch to a clinic with more price transparency.

Quote Originally Posted by techjunkee:
    American Dental Group in Prince's Building is the best dentist I've been to and I've been to countless dentists around the world. They won't necessarily be cheap but they will provide you the best overall experience and advice.
    Funnily I have gone to the one just next door to these guys. But the dentist there have been quitting so now I have to find a new dentist for the future. Service has been good but as my insurance went from 80% unlimited co-pay to like 2500 HKD of reimbursement and the rest out of pocket its high time to build a relationship with a new good dentist which leave my arms and legs intact.

Quote Originally Posted by c1000:
    What is the going rate these days for a filling at an established clinic in Central? Went in for one, was told another should be done and then ended up with a bill that was triple what I anticipated. Thinking it's about time to switch to a clinic with more price transparency.
    I had one done a few months ago and it was in the region of HKD 2,700. This was at Quality Healthcare in Princes Building

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast