Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By chris_in_hk
  • 1 Post By aw451

Hepatitis Shots?

Closed Thread

Hepatitis Shots?

Hey fellas. Any recommendation on where to get the hepatitis shots the cheapest? Seems like the travel department isnt doing it at the moment.

Thanks

Which Hep? I got the B vaccination because my home medical system didn't provide it when I was a child.

It was $1k from medifast which was unexpectedly, but luckily, covered by my insurance. Check your policy, they may also give you discounts with their network clinics even if it's not covered.

There is a place in Wan Chai that does. As it is 1o years ago, I cannot remember but it is near the old post office. Second floor at the medical clinic. Also check with Raffles medical clinics.

Got my twinrix done at Dr Vio’s in World Wide House in Central. Was my booster and cost about 950HKD. Was around 2 years ago though but might be worth checking.

Thus place does a variety of vaccinations and is reasonable. Got my flu shot there earlier.

WhatsApp us +852 9446 2963

[email protected]

Room D, 13/F,

Tak Lee Commercial Building,

113-117 Wanchai Road,

Wanchai, Hong Kong

https://www.shoebillhealth.com/en/adult-vaccination/
    Last edited by shri; 25-02-2021 at 09:38 AM.

Thanks guys!

It's been a number of years since I used them but I found UCN Jordan Health Centre to be one of the cheaper options. You can call them to ask the price first: United Christian Nethersole Community Health Service

VillanElle likes this.

Can you just walk in to these clinics and request a Hepatitis B shot? Or do they make it mandatory to make a blood test to check the Antibody levels etc? Seen QHMS were advertising the package for all three shots and in the fine print stated the blood test as precondition, which means additional costs.
    Reason why I ask is that I got the first two doses abroad and now need just the third one. Should be not too uncommon that someone can't be at the same place for the entire course.

Medifast didn't need any documentation (other than ID card) or tests before the shot when I did it a few years ago.

christian03 likes this.

Places should have the option of getting just a single shot as some people only want/need short term protection e.g. going on holiday.