Good dermatologist for eczema or psoriasis

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

I've suffered from eczema all my life, dry skin is a part of life, HK doctors are not the same as UK docs, I've seen too many "dermatologists" in both countries. some proscribe steroid tablets, most, a hydrocortisone cream, result is that, it will heal quickly but will come back worse, plus some side effects from both. I cannot recommend any dermatologists, cos they're just going to proscribe something, heal quick, then come back and u will end up going back never-ending, and that's how they make money in hk.

I'm not saying all doctors are bad , tho some maybe , at least go once to see what the doc says

I've also looked at what i eat, found that some things that never bothered me before HK, for example: like beef, (usa & normal) beef has more hormone & antibiotic injected, thus eating it makes my skin hot & dry, invariably drives me crazy too, there are some foodstuff that really screw with my body

u can try antihistamines to stop u itching as much ( Zytec/Cetirizine or Claritin - non drowsy)

moisturisers/cleansers: SebaMed "anti dry" lotion & wash. also Derma365 "gentle lotion/ cleanser"

all products are available from Mannings

Keep the areas moisturised, that'll cut down the itchiness

Try this if you can find it. The public system derms offer it here, but it takes a year or more to get appointment. Fanda may carry it.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aqueous_cream

ETA
    of course, there is always a small print footnote that I miss:
    https://www.bbc.com/news/health-11564662
    but that hasn't been my experience

Thanks so much for ur advise, I have been lived in Hk for 4yrs and just got that eczema or psoriasis for 1yr only. Don’t know why that thing come to me and now even my head aslo have some I will see some doctor but I heard that won’t go,stay with us all life ((
    anway thanks for ur advise