Like Tree52Likes

Private Room - Govt Hospital for Child Birth

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Think I might have a solution for the OP that takes care of all the problems outlined so far.

Stay where you are and have the baby there.

Quote Originally Posted by hkschelle:
    Thank you everyone for your advice and opinion!! Much appreciated

@chuckster007

I tried calling the hospital closest to where we'd be living (Pamela Youde Eastern) and was told that they won't accept non HKID holders... but this contradicts what I saw on their site and the health authorities site (including the page you included). I saw on another one of your posts that your mrs works at the public hospital's maternity section, any idea if there's truth to not accepting any non HKID holders?

I'll certainly take your advice and visit the hospital asap once arriving in HK, was just hoping I get book an appt in advance since I've read public hospital appts takes a while.
    Ok I just asked my mrs who works in Pamela Youde Eastern hospital OBGY dept, she said you cant book a space so what you do is when you go into labour you go to the ER dept and through there get admitted to deliver your baby, you pay 39000 as deposit and this includes all costs to deliver your baby, its a fixed price for a certain number of days, for any additional days you pay 1000 something plus per day bed charge.

You will be put in a common ward with other mothers, usually 6 - 8 mothers to a ward, at the end of the ward is a 3 bed unit.
    Make sure you add your boyfriends full name as father of the baby in the registration so that your baby can get HK resident status.
    shri, pin, hullexile and 3 others like this.

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4