Like Tree3Likes

Medical Screening for Helper

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Medical Screening for Helper

We've had a helper for 7+ years. She's just turned 50 and we want to pay for a health screening for her own benefit. I've heard stories of helpers developing cancer (guess it's a probability game) which is detrimental both for the helper and for the family. So we want her to go for a screening and in case there are issues (touch wood), she can discover early and get treated.

Are there any good options available for the purpose described above?

PS: On a related topic, are helpers able to enjoy the very affordable and good-quality healthcare offered by HK public hospitals?

PS: On a related topic, are helpers able to enjoy the very affordable and good-quality healthcare offered by HK public hospitals?

Reply: Yes everyone who has a HK ID
    hongkong7 likes this.

we get our helper an annual checkup @ United Christian Nethersole Community Health Service

Can apparently get a pap smear at gov community clinics for $100. I will try and get the details

Quote Originally Posted by fuzzy_logic:
    We've had a helper for 7+ years. She's just turned 50 and we want to pay for a health screening for her own benefit. I've heard stories of helpers developing cancer (guess it's a probability game) which is detrimental both for the helper and for the family. So we want her to go for a screening and in case there are issues (touch wood), she can discover early and get treated.

I took my helper to medifast to get a check that includes cervix smear . Pelvic ultrasound :mammogram : cea afp blood test( for cancer. )stool occult blood for cancer :as well as the blood work for liver kidney ,lipid, complete blood count' glucose
    Then any abnormalities you just take the report to general outpatient department near you and she will get everything sorted for free
    So for instance if she is diabetic all treatment basically free to her
    Or if she has positive faecal occult blood for bowel cancer the colonoscopy and surgery etc etc all free
    It's good planning for a key staff member

Quote Originally Posted by fuzzy_logic:

Yes, assuming your helper is here legally with an ID then she gets the same healthcare treatment at the public hospitals as everyone else. My family's helper got breast cancer 20 years or so back - thankfully fully recovered.

I've had the misfortune to need to encounter the public health system in HK for quite a number of issues, they are truly wonderful. All Hong Kongers are lucky to have that option.

I did Medifast for myself, was pleased with the service and price:

https://hk.medifast.com/

Quote Originally Posted by meinhkhk:
    Can apparently get a pap smear at gov community clinics for $100. I will try and get the details
    https://www.fhs.gov.hk/english/main_...e_booking.html
    chuckster007 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by aquaman:
    we get our helper an annual checkup @ United Christian Nethersole Community Health Service
    Thanks. This looks very affordable but doesn't seem to come with an cancer marker test which I think is important...

Thanks, sorry stupid question: what exactly does this test for...?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast