Like Tree22Likes

Decent Physiotherapy with not so expensive price

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by shri:
    I would recommend against committing insurance fraud.
    Aren't you exaggerating a little much? You have a point, but calling my idea "insurance fraud" is very, very far fetched.
    All I suggested is that he goes to the physio as a normal patient and describes her symptoms as if they were his. So technically he would be lying to a physio. Is that a crime? They aren't even real doctors, just charging fees as if they were doctors (greedy bastards). Is that a crime? And as my mother always said to me: "It isn't a lie if you really, really believe in it".

Just wanted to help. But got it, nobody likes the idea. Will stop defending it.

Quote Originally Posted by DanielFRA:
    Aren't you exaggerating a little much? You have a point, but calling my idea "insurance fraud" is very, very far fetched.
    All I suggested is that he goes to the physio as a normal patient and describes her symptoms as if they were his. So technically he would be lying to a physio. Is that a crime? They aren't even real doctors, just charging fees as if they were doctors (greedy bastards). Is that a crime? And as my mother always said to me: "It isn't a lie if you really, really believe in it".

Just wanted to help. But got it, nobody likes the idea. Will stop defending it.
    None of your defenses would stand up in a court of law. Fraud is fraud, and making a false declaration that were are ill falls in to that category.

have you considered going to a GP and having them look at it? Get an xray done at a minimum to see what the damage is and then figure out what needs to get done?

Quote Originally Posted by LetsDiscuss:
    Hi Friends,

My wife got lower back pain last 15-20 days so thinking about see any physiotherapist.

I found they are very expensive and she doesn't have insurance to cover the cost.

Can anyone help to suggest a good physiotherapist which doesn't charge so much money?

Thanks in advance.
    If you want cheap n cheerful then you cant beat this place prices. should be around HK450 per session.

https://www.physio.com.hk/?lang=en

Try another mattress

Quote Originally Posted by DanielFRA:
    Thanks for your feedback. I think it's a good idea. If he has full coverage for physio visits, he can just go himself, describe the symptoms of his wife and take some notes on exercises. No money lost for him. And if it doesn't turn out to be helpful, they can still make the investment and send her to physio.
    Clearly, you think it's a good idea. Otherwise you wouldn't have suggested it. That doesn't stop it from being one of the stupidest pieces of medical 'advice' I have ever read on Geoexpat. Only surpassed by political arguments.

Often attributed to Mark Twain:
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and to remove all doubt.

Have you even ever seen a physiotherapist?

A physiotherapist has spent, what, at least three years in tertiary education studying anatomy? And will spend time probing the area for soft tissue feedback, and getting the patient to move in different ways. The physio will also give feedback as to whether the 'exercises' are being performed correctly, which the OP will not be able to pass back to his wife.

Unless OP has significant anatomy knowledge, going in, pointing at his back and saying "mah bark hurtz" isn't going to be useful to anyone. And if OP had the knowledge, he would not be asking the question on a forum.

Shri's suggestion of YouTube tutorials is far better. Less hassle to everyone all around, less likely to result in going down a wrong path because of a misdiagnosis, won't be a waste of money.

I have also found that chiropractors offer immediate relief for me, but chiro is a totally unregulated 'profession' so finding a good one is not simple. The ones I've used cost more than most physios and have now retired.

The local equivalent are bonesetters. Again, unregulated, but I've had positive experiences. HKU Baptist runs Chinese Medicine clinics, and you can ask for a bonesetters. Cost is around 350-400, but you might have to try several to get one who is effective for the issue and relies on manipulation without relying on weird bundles of herbs.

Clinic | 浸大中醫|HKBUCM 香港浸會大學中醫藥診所

Personally though, one thing I have learnt through too many years of self inflicted injuries is that paying for high end physio is still worthwhile. Rather than perform multiple visits to a less effective provider, see one very good physio once or twice. I've seen a bunch of expensive physios around central, and not been impressed, but I have been impressed by Joint Dynamics (Central and Quarry Bay). They're around 1100-1300 an hour, iirc.
    shri, z754103 and TheBrit like this.

Try Vitru Physio and Fitness. I like their sports physiotherapy approach that stresses getting back to functionality in daily life. They should come up with a plan that tells you what to expect and estimated time/sessions needed to recover.

I have found them honest, highly knowledgeable and well trained - the owner is an experienced physiotherapist who has a masters in sports science. Not super cheap, but at least you're not paying for central rental prices. And remember what they say about peanuts and monkeys - the other comments about not messing around with back issues are very sensible and should be noted.

If you can wait a bit, get a referral for physiotherapy in the public sector, which will be your lowest cost option while still having properly trained and qualified PTs to treat you

https://heyasportsmed.com/en/home/