Like Tree22Likes

Decent Physiotherapy with not so expensive price

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Red face Decent Physiotherapy with not so expensive price

Hi Friends,

My wife got lower back pain last 15-20 days so thinking about see any physiotherapist.

I found they are very expensive and she doesn't have insurance to cover the cost.

Can anyone help to suggest a good physiotherapist which doesn't charge so much money?

Thanks in advance.

Gollygordon likes this.

You're wife's had back pain for the best part of three weeks and you're looking to save $?

When it comes to health, especially back issues, $ isn't the issue that you face it is where is the best place to go to get it fixed

scotland likes this.

Physiotherapy is often about them teaching you exercises you can do at home.

If you have insurance, you can pretend to have your wife's symptoms and go to physiotherapy. Beat the system.

Quote Originally Posted by ByeByeEngland:
    You're wife's had back pain for the best part of three weeks and you're looking to save $?

When it comes to health, especially back issues, $ isn't the issue that you face it is where is the best place to go to get it fixed
    This is a very insensitive comment. Obviously, money is first needed for basic necessities and aiding something like health or back pain is a lesser priority. Even if they have the will to spend money to help recover, it may still be limited. Money IS an issue for many people, sometimes even to pay for basics like a home and food!

And many expat/English-speaking healthcare providers really do charge very high rates compared to local services (e.g. local physio for $400 vs $1200).
    achanster likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Elegiaque:
    This is a very insensitive comment. Obviously, money is first needed for basic necessities and aiding something like health or back pain is a lesser priority. Even if they have the will to spend money to help recover, it may still be limited. Money IS an issue for many people, sometimes even to pay for basics like a home and food!

And many expat/English-speaking healthcare providers really do charge very high rates compared to local services (e.g. local physio for $400 vs $1200).
    sorry to disagree but when it comes down to it health and well-being is a priority over expense.

As someone with 2 perforated discs in my neck (MRI proven) I know enough about secondary muscle spasms in the back due to bad posture compensating unknowingly for the neck discs. I was treated for back problems before that diagnosis.

The point is you don’t sod around with the back. If that means foregoing a couple of non essentials that’s money well spent.

sidenote, this also explains why I walk so much. Without that after a couple of days I freeze up again. At its worst I could barely move.

Had to give up Golf, squash and badminton, refused to give up football. The alternative was fusing/plastic discs with no guarantee of success and months out of circulation.

if OP wants a positive recommendation from me then these below are well worth the 3-500 depending on service.

I tried several in and around HK and for me nothing comes remotely close. The masseuse don’t speak much English but the desk do and you can tell them where the pain is. They actually work my knots out when I need to go there and within 15 minutes I’m running around like a school kid.

Don’t be surprised if they work on an area where the pain is not! Edit and by that I don’t mean THAT!

If it’s oil massage you’re looking for then it’s man to man only

https://www.taipanreflexologyparlour.com/

Quote Originally Posted by DanielFRA:
    Physiotherapy is often about them teaching you exercises you can do at home.

If you have insurance, you can pretend to have your wife's symptoms and go to physiotherapy. Beat the system.
    Just how young and inexperienced are you?

This is one of the silliest pieces of advice I have read on this forum. Ever.
    shri, AliT, achanster and 5 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by jgl:
    Just how young and inexperienced are you?

This is one of the silliest pieces of advice I have read on this forum. Ever.
    Thanks for your feedback. I think it's a good idea. If he has full coverage for physio visits, he can just go himself, describe the symptoms of his wife and take some notes on exercises. No money lost for him. And if it doesn't turn out to be helpful, they can still make the investment and send her to physio.

A good way to reduce pain would be to find a chiropractor.. The bone cracking does work to some extent. Unfortunately don't know anyone who is prwxtising at the moment.

achanster likes this.

I would recommend against committing insurance fraud. Would rather recommend proper back stretching / rolling exercises found on YouTube over faking shit at a physio.

But don't do this without getting some medical attention.. A messed up back is very very difficult to recover from.

spode and ByeByeEngland like this.

Quote Originally Posted by ByeByeEngland:

Private healthcare in HK is absurdly expensive - if you don't know the financial position of the person in question, probably more tactful to keep judgmental nonsense like this to yourself.
    Fatpigkenny, BCD and achanster like this.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast