• 1 Post By Elefant&Castle
  • 3 Post By ByeByeEngland
  • 1 Post By Skyhook
  • 1 Post By aw451
  • 1 Post By SirNotAppearing
  • 1 Post By SirNotAppearing

Dynamic Zero COVID-19

Lightbulb Dynamic Zero COVID-19

Do you agree with that? For me we have to live with it.

Quote Originally Posted by HongKong_Great:
    You don't get a choice so you have to live with what you are told
    rs4, aw451, drumbrake and 2 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by HongKong_Great:
    It does more harm than good.

Even Tedros says it is unsustainable

Name:  053231f99a8442b7afcb87dbe5b34239.jpeg
Views: 309
Size:  54.2 KB

shri likes this.

Do I agree with it? No

Can I live with it? Yes

Will it stop me moaning about it? No

shri, hullexile and hike like this.

Since they forced us to open our borders last December, we got inundated with Sydney peeps who were infected with covid big time, covid spread like wildfire here in Queensland.

My sons both caught covid, even though they were double vaxxed and considering my wife and I were both close contacts, haven't caught it yet. That's probably because we could satisfactorily isolate having enough space in our house to do so and I am pretty careful where I go ie I avoid crowded places. Most of our activities are outdoors so that might have something to do with it, plus my office only has 4 staff, so, low risk of exposure. I don't usually catch cold and flu so maybe I have a higher natural resistance to the corona family of virus's. Anyway, so far so good.

qhank likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Skyhook:
    Since they forced us to open our borders last December, we got inundated with Sydney peeps who were infected with covid big time, covid spread like wildfire here in Queensland.

My sons both caught covid, even though they were double vaxxed and considering my wife and I were both close contacts, haven't caught it yet. That's probably because we could satisfactorily isolate having enough space in our house to do so and I am pretty careful where I go ie I avoid crowded places. Most of our activities are outdoors so that might have something to do with it, plus my office only has 4 staff, so, low risk of exposure. I don't usually catch cold and flu so maybe I have a higher natural resistance to the corona family of virus's. Anyway, so far so good.
    Isn't this just more anecdata that pretty much everyone has to catch it eventually. Zero covid is just delaying the inevitable and allowing variants to evolve outside which nobody inside will be immune to.
    blandy62 likes this.

Did everyone catch the measles? Because it was more transmissible than omicron.

qhank likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by SirNotAppearing:
    Did everyone catch the measles? Because it was more transmissible than omicron.
    Measles has a vaccination which pretty much guarantees you aren't going to get it. We don't isolate ourselves or close the borders because of it. Almost everyone has had the MMR vaccine.

Covid has vaccines which reduce the impact and transmission rate of Omnicron but doesn't really prevent it.

Quote Originally Posted by aw451:
    Measles has a vaccination which pretty much guarantees you aren't going to get it. We don't isolate ourselves or close the borders because of it. Almost everyone has had the MMR vaccine.

Covid has vaccines which reduce the impact and transmission rate of Omnicron but doesn't really prevent it.
    Sure, BUT, a) there was a time when there wasn't a measles vaccine and yet despite its high R-factor everyone still didn't get the measles; and b) we can't predict the future of medical science–even in the near term–of obtaining an decent vaccine or nasal spray for omicron.
    qhank likes this.