Quarantine period for medically unfit for COVID vaccine?

Quarantine period for medically unfit for COVID vaccine?

Hello,

I would be traveling with my 14 year old son. I am triple vaccinated, though my son is unfit to get a vaccine due to medical reasons and has an exemption certificate from our doctor. We are both HK residents. Shall I book a hotel for 7 days or 14 days ? It would be very helpful if anyone has faced similar situation and can share the experience.

In addition, persons who have stayed in any place outside China during the relevant period are exceptionally allowed to board (despite not regarded as fully vaccinated) if they (i) are unfit for vaccination due to health reasons with relevant proof issued by a medical practitioner; or (ii) have received one dose of recognised COVID-19 vaccine and hold a recognised vaccination record but certified by a medical practitioner that they were unfit to receive the second dose of COVID-19 vaccine because of health reasons after receiving the first dose of vaccine, and board a specified aircraft on or after 14th day after receiving the said first dose of vaccine. The relevant medical certificate must indicate the relevant health reasons in English or Chinese. These two types of persons are subject to compulsory quarantine for 14 days in a DQH, and must hold a 14-night DQH room reservation at boarding. They cannot opt for early discharge from compulsory quarantine upon fulfilment of relevant conditions.

https://www.coronavirus.gov.hk/eng/inbound-travel.html

Thanks !