Like Tree47Likes

OTC sleep aid

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6

I think kids use more brain juice and have real mental fatigue. That's why students always doze off in class. Adults get very lazy mentally and stress out rightaway when things not going as planned because they don't want to plan around it which is the part that requires the brain juice

Not too sure about physical FATIGUE, one should not need to exhause all juices (physical + mental) in order to fall asleep, perhaps this is more of a western approach, eastern approach is quite the opposite, simple tai chee, qi gong, yoga, stroll, meditation or any similar light excercise and/or mind relaxing techniques should bring harmony/balance in the body and good sleep along with it.. Intersting nobody mentioned food (type/quantity/time taken etc) which could also bring lot of imbalances in the body..

We're tired enough to feel tired but not tired enough to crave sleep and mental stress gets mistaken for fatigue so end up feeling I'm tired but I can't sleep so something wrong
    Giving this state extra exertion is equivalent to popping in pill to subside the symptom temporarily without curing the root cause, it goes into vicious cycle..
    Last edited by ndt; 03-10-2022 at 02:53 PM.
    hullexile likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by sarsi:
    Adults get very lazy mentally and stress out rightaway when things not going as planned because they don't want to plan around it which is the part that requires the brain juice
    Or the brain juice just flows and doesn't turn off. That's caused many sleepless nights.
    ndt, Mrs. Jones, hullexile and 1 others like this.

My idea of brain juice is a peculiar brand though, I don't consider stressing or thinking about an issue, esp when they cover substantially same set of variables being tested as your default thought process as requiring juice. That's the opposite of juice - abit like repeating a set of exercises that you can do fairly easily when you should probably up the ante. Or standing on one leg for a very long time and end up with very swollen calves and ankles... Will keep you up at night definitely but not feeling tired

So it's still no brain juice or not enough usage that's the cause or at least that's what I look at.. 😆

Quote Originally Posted by hullexile:
    Generally agree but you should be able to sleep without being physically exhausted every time though. I look at my kids and they can sleep fine on seemingly zero exercise!
    Deep sleep (like in REM) is a necessary state for our bodies to regenerate, build/rebuild muscles, clean up toxins, grow, etc. Just ask any bodybuilder.
    The proverbial scene in movies, when someone gets bet up to a pulp, or attacked by a bear, or some such, the guy gets rescued by someone and when he awakes he's told that he's been sleeping for 5 days... is true. Our bodies are smart. It's not efficient to rebuild a part while you're using that part. First priority is to get you out of danger (that's why you don't even feel pain when hurt in a fight) then shutdown and repair.
    Kids are growing constantly. Their bodies naturally induce sleep as much as it can.
    Older folks loose that ability over time. It's common for old folks to wake up at 4am, even when reasonably healthy. I agree that modern life style contributes to that problem. A busy/stressed brain doesn't induce sleep. First priority is to solve the stressor...
    Think about it, every invention/gadget introduced by technology is "successful" if it makes life "easier". Can you imagine someone introducing a gadget that makes it harder to get from A to B (the opposite of a bike), so when you get there you're properly exhausted and therefore will sleep well at night? Will sell like hot cakes, right?

I tend not to wonder about the sleep quality/hygiene group. They are quite good at figuring out a system eventually that works for them even if sleep quality isn't 100%. It's the rest I'm curious about, the ones who have tried almost all but still no good, and crankshaft 🤔 :|

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6