Like Tree14Likes

Import Medication For Personal Use

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Import Medication For Personal Use

Okay, the answer will probably be no, but let's give it a try.

I ran out of a certain medication. For some reason it's difficult to get in HK, which is strange seeing in other countries you can even get it OTC.

Went to a clinic in HK (will not name them) who had it in stock. Before I went I asked for the price for 6 months supply. Price was reasonable. Once I arrived, they gave me the invoice and it was the quoted price x10. I asked for an explanation. First the gave the excuse by saying I was a man (the though I was a women. I only contacted them by e-mail, my name can be confusing in Asia), so the dose is higher, which explains the higher price. Complete bs. All three of them apologised and were recalculating... I walked out, didn't pay.

In BKK (well known clinic) the same mediation is 1/10 of the price quoted in HK. Same brand, same doses, but for 12 months. If I fly to BKK, stay one night in a hotel, pick up the medication, it is still cheaper than buying it in HK. Travelling is a bit inconvenient for me at the moment.

Has anyone tried importing medication for personal use? I did it back in 2018, and it passed customs without any issue. Tried it again last year, stuck at customs. From what I know you need a special import license for medication.

Quote Originally Posted by NTCP88:
    Okay, the answer will probably be no, but let's give it a try.

I ran out of a certain medication. For some reason it's difficult to get in HK, which is strange seeing in other countries you can even get it OTC.

Went to a clinic in HK (will not name them) who had it in stock. Before I went I asked for the price for 6 months supply. Price was reasonable. Once I arrived, they gave me the invoice and it was the quoted price x10. I asked for an explanation. First the gave the excuse by saying I was a man (the though I was a women. I only contacted them by e-mail, my name can be confusing in Asia), so the dose is higher, which explains the higher price. Complete bs. All three of them apologised and were recalculating... I walked out, didn't pay.

In BKK (well known clinic) the same mediation is 1/10 of the price quoted in HK. Same brand, same doses, but for 12 months. If I fly to BKK, stay one night in a hotel, pick up the medication, it is still cheaper than buying it in HK. Travelling is a bit inconvenient for me at the moment.

Has anyone tried importing medication for personal use? I did it back in 2018, and it passed customs without any issue. Tried it again last year, stuck at customs. From what I know you need a special import license for medication.
    If it's available here and you have a doctor's prescription it should be OK? Best check the HK customs website though not GE. Did you try Fanda in central?

They don't have it...

What’s the medication? There are almost no medication that have a higher dose for men than women??

Quote Originally Posted by Hkemail888:
    What’s the medication? There are almost no medication that have a higher dose for men than women??
    Beer?

Quote Originally Posted by Hkemail888:
    Hormones for use in gender reassignment come to mind

Quote Originally Posted by aw451:
    Hormones for use in gender reassignment come to mind
    Yup, that's it... No, joking. It's oral minoxidil 5mg. Yes, there is a topical version, but that's not as effective as the oral version.

Quote Originally Posted by NTCP88:
    Yup, that's it... No, joking. It's oral minoxidil 5mg. Yes, there is a topical version, but that's not as effective as the oral version.
    Seriously had to re-read your msg a few times. my eye sight isnt that good lol, barely saw the , LOL

Hair loss meds (had to google LOL )
    NTCP88 likes this.

Relevant. It's OTC in HK but a ripoff

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw...id=m5467.l1311

That's topical, doesn't work... As mentioned in my previous post, the oral version is much more effective.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast