Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By bigbeluga
  • 1 Post By shri
  • 1 Post By Albha

Hoya single vision 1.74 prices

Hoya single vision 1.74 prices

Looking for new 1.74 lenses as Apollo 500Hkd lenses coating peeling off after 4 years use. Price vs years i have nothing to complain.

Few years ago there was discounts for Hoya and price around 2000Hkd, now quickly looking find best price about 2800Hkd. Still have sometime discounts for Hoya or this 2800Hkd is fair price?

check out smartbuyglasses i have found them to be most affordably priced there

Albha likes this.

I'd also look at Optical 88. They often have specials, not sure what the current price for Hoya's is or if their Hoya prices are special. Check the offers listed at the end of the search results.

I use the one in Kennedy Town and they are quite good with their measurements and aftersales service (fixing glasses / loose screws etc)

https://eshop.optical88.com.hk/hk_en...result/?q=Hoya

grammer-nazi likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by bigbeluga:
    check out smartbuyglasses i have found them to be most affordably priced there
    I use them for contacts rather than glasses, but Itoo find them well-priced, and good customer service.

Note also that if you enter there website through the Yuu app you can earn 6X Yuu points on Smartbuyglasses purchases (equivalent to a 3% kickback),

Yes still today Smartbuyglasses have great price for basic Apollo 1.74 lenses without any extra coatings HK$768. Optical stores askings are HK$1200-1700 for local (China) Apollo or Swisscoat.

Quote Originally Posted by Albha:
    Yes still today Smartbuyglasses have great price for basic Apollo 1.74 lenses without any extra coatings HK$768. Optical stores askings are HK$1200-1700 for local (China) Apollo or Swisscoat.
    How do they compare to Hoya or Zeiss quality as a reference?

did they have an inhouse optometrist?

Also did they beat optical 88?

Asking as I have used optical 88 down the road from them..

Quote Originally Posted by shri:
    How do they compare to Hoya or Zeiss quality as a reference?

did they have an inhouse optometrist?

Also did they beat optical 88?

Asking as I have used optical 88 down the road from them..
    Surely Hoya and Zeiss better but as i only use glasses few hours a day can't really give my own experiences. I did not see optometrists in their Kennedy store.

88 (not Kennedy) offered their own JP house brand HK$2800 Hoya HK$3300 and Zeiss HK$4300, these prices have standard optical stores discounts so not any futher barganings included. And they should have better coatings as standard.
    shri likes this.

Thanks .. will check prices over there for a specific zeiss lens I'm keen on upgrading to, before I head out to India and compare.

Last edited by shri; 07-05-2024 at 08:37 PM.