I cannot control my eating of junk food

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

I cannot control my eating of junk food

Hello everyone,

I am a working executive, working long hours and addicted to fast food, usually eating while I'm in the office. I seem to eat whether I'm hungry or not and have got to a stage where I am unable to control my eating habit. Unfortunately, my weight is increasing and I'm being forced to buy clothes a size larger than normal. I can devote a little time to exercise, but is there a recommended safe way to lose weight? I've heard of all these diets, such as Atkins, that don't sound very healthy at all.

Just stop eating junk food!

Sarcasm - because beating the crap out of people is illegal

Seconded.

Find healthier alternatives or make and take your own lunch to the office.

eat fruit as an alternative and drink more water when you feel hungry

Quote Originally Posted by PDLM:
    Just stop eating junk food!
    good advice

Quote Originally Posted by Sineriita:
    Hello everyone,

I am a working executive, working long hours and addicted to fast food, usually eating while I'm in the office. I seem to eat whether I'm hungry or not and have got to a stage where I am unable to control my eating habit. Unfortunately, my weight is increasing and I'm being forced to buy clothes a size larger than normal. I can devote a little time to exercise, but is there a recommended safe way to lose weight? I've heard of all these diets, such as Atkins, that don't sound very healthy at all.
    Had same problem, replaced junk food in the drawer with diff kinds of chewing gums. It worked. May be you can try the same.
    Are you stressed? That can also lead to eating a lot, so if you are stressed then take a couple of days off and take rest.

Quote Originally Posted by imparanoic:
    eat fruit as an alternative and drink more water when you feel hungry
    yes, that can help too if you dont find it tasteless.

Willpower and it seems you suffer from boredom eating, If you feel like munching on something when at work just have some fruit handy.

Stay Hydrated and by that I mean Water, not Tea, Not Coffee etc drinking water will increase your metabolism.

Include a clean protein in your meals as they're harder to digest than carbs so you burn more calories. Eggs, Skinless chicken, Fish etc.

Healthy High protein breakfast as opposed to a carbs based breakfast will also help.

Daniel and Hayley should be along to give you some additional advice.

And basically weight gain is calories in - calories out. So get as much exercise as possible - while it's still cool(-ish) can you walk some or all of the way to or from the office for example?

cut some vegs/fruits at night and pack in a lunch box, while at work when u have the munchies, u can snack on some carrots, celery etc.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast