Hong Kong Dental Malpractice Victims' Support Group

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

BBm2207, let me know how your support group goes. I am thinking of starting my own group too.

I went to the hair salon yesterday. I think he deliberately cut my hair. I swear I witnessed him putting colour in other peoples hair. They also tortured a lady for over 2 hours in a chair by shocking her head with electro-waves. I've heard they have new devices that can torture you over the internet with "digital perming".

Deliberate injury

I know of 2 dentists in Central, Hong Kong, who deliberately cut up people's teeth. One works in a dental centre in Wing On House and another is a private dentist in Melbourne Plaza.

The first targets your incisal edges, upper incisors and bottom first molars while you think she is scaling your teeth. She cuts up one of your two front teeth and marks the other with deep notches. She makes deep cuts around the base of your teeth to encourage further cavities. She cuts up your teeth in certain formations to try to make them look like the patients has done it (to try and fool an expert witness, if they can) and then falsifies your dental records and tooth charts and claims bruxism.

The second dentist cuts the lower incisal edges of patients into a strange curved shape, encouraging uneven occlusal patterns and splitting.

So, you are right. Hong kong dentists ARE doing it all the time. They are experts, not at quality and professionalism, but at doing sneaky and cunning damage - their damage is for life.

The second dentist who assaulted me gloated I 'would now need crowns' after doing extreme damage to my teeth.

I advise people go to reputable Thai dentists in Bangkok and Phuket for the ensuing damage HK dentists are causing. Don't give the creeps here the business for the damage they deliberately are doing to get more work in cosmetic and restorative dentistry, such as crowns, veneers, root canals, bleaching, etc. I hope places like Thailand, South Africa, Vietnam, Australia, etc get all the Hong Kong malpractice victims, as well as general patients, as people get wise to not ever using HK dentists because of the extreme risk.

bbm

These are some serious allegations you're making, Are you willing to go to court and prove this?

The correct forum for making these allegations is the Dental Council, whose complaint procedures are described here: http://www.dchk.org.hk/docs/complaintform_e.pdf

I go to Quality Health Care center in Prince's Building in Central and they do a good job (not cheap tho). Go to a good dentist, that would be a first step.

Quote Originally Posted by bbm2207:
    I know of 2 dentists in Central, Hong Kong, who deliberately cut up people's teeth. One works in a dental centre in Wing On House and another is a private dentist in Melbourne Plaza.

The first targets your incisal edges, upper incisors and bottom first molars while you think she is scaling your teeth. She cuts up one of your two front teeth and marks the other with deep notches. She makes deep cuts around the base of your teeth to encourage further cavities. She cuts up your teeth in certain formations to try to make them look like the patients has done it (to try and fool an expert witness, if they can) and then falsifies your dental records and tooth charts and claims bruxism.

The second dentist cuts the lower incisal edges of patients into a strange curved shape, encouraging uneven occlusal patterns and splitting.

So, you are right. Hong kong dentists ARE doing it all the time. They are experts, not at quality and professionalism, but at doing sneaky and cunning damage - their damage is for life.

The second dentist who assaulted me gloated I 'would now need crowns' after doing extreme damage to my teeth.

I advise people go to reputable Thai dentists in Bangkok and Phuket for the ensuing damage HK dentists are causing. Don't give the creeps here the business for the damage they deliberately are doing to get more work in cosmetic and restorative dentistry, such as crowns, veneers, root canals, bleaching, etc. I hope places like Thailand, South Africa, Vietnam, Australia, etc get all the Hong Kong malpractice victims, as well as general patients, as people get wise to not ever using HK dentists because of the extreme risk.
    Wow. What do the doctors here do?

Your advice to go to Thailand for dental work is ridiculous and absurd but then again so are some of these claims you are making about local dentists.

Do you actually think the average person with a job and family has the time to go to Thailand for a 6 month check up let alone dental work?

Quote Originally Posted by Football16:
    Do you actually think the average person with a job and family has the time to go to Thailand for a 6 month check up let alone dental work?
    Agreed

Your typical local can barely afford to see a local dentist for a checkup let alone spend $3000 dollars on flight and hotel to see a dentist in bangkok for example.

You just had bad luck... i go to a perfect dentist.. he may charge a lot but he is super, my whole family sees him.. never hurt at all.. i am scared of dentist like crap... wisdom teeth pulled out, no swelling and no hurting... seen him for 13 years now....

Criminal dentists

I'm glad you've been treated well and safely, Petergooseberry. Thanks for your comments.

My point to the community is that there are elements of HK dentists who will deliberately and criminally injure a patient's healthy teeth and people should be aware of it. It's not only bad luck if you strike them - it's a deliberate assault on your rights to safe standards of care.

Part of this awareness could be to always take a second person with you into the surgery itself and make them watch everything that goes on.

When you're lying back in the chair with your mouth open and a HK dentist is cutting up teeth instead of scaling them, or staining them instead of polishing them , or substituting a hand-held laser for other equipment, or pulling out healthy teeth to flog implants - who knows what other sneaky, unethical methods they are using- it's then TOO LATE when you realise something is wrong.

Forewarned is forearmed.

as i said in the other thread

seriously. what are you smoking?!?

1. i have family in the medical/dental profession- and you don't get to a certain level without having the right mindset (which is to help patients).

2. even if there was ONE bad egg that f'ed up your teeth, i find it highly improbable that a)there are two bad eggs, who happen to both b) willfully f' up your teeth.

maybe i'm just dumb, but something in this story just doesn't add up.

reading more on your details- let's see. if i'm getting dental work done, the docs will show me which teeth need fillings/fixing etc etc.
    then i agree to have a filling here, and an overall cleaning. once i get the filling - if i feel them moving onto other areas, then Id stop them immediately (not that it's EVER happened to me nor anyone i know). for them to use the drill to create indentations to your enamel is a) very noticible even while numbed up and b) tough to do period.

cleaning- I don't know how a cleaning can turn into a staining. do you not check after you get it done? if i came out of an office and saw my teeth worse, you bet your ass i'd sit there and complain like hell and have the police called in...oh wait. let me guess. the police are 'in' on this little criminal ring they have going on. i can see the headlines a year from now once you're movement (and i'm not talking about bowels here) takes off "CORRUPTION RUNS RAMPANT AMONGST MEDICAL PROFESSIONALS IN HONG KONG'....'9 OUT OF 10 DENTISTS WILL MESS UP YOUR TEETH SO YOUR FORCED TO GET MORE WORK DONE" (great business model too- let me f' up ppls' teeth to get more work out of them. r.i.g.h.t. - sarcarm)

i would have criminal charges brought up...

like i said...something in your story doesn't add up. maybe you're delusional, maybe you have bipolar...but quit wasting ppls time on this ,and seek mental health instead.