Travel Insurance

Closed Thread

Travel Insurance

Hi

Does anyone know any insurance company offers travel insurance for over 60 year old travelling to the UK for up to 6 months? My mum is mainland Chinese and will come to the UK soon. Where can she get a good travel insurance?

Thanks,
    Amy

You normally need to buy travel insurance in the person's home market, so I suspect you may need to do this in the mainland.

But ask Kwiksure - they may be able to help.

Quote Originally Posted by ahayward:
    Hi

Does anyone know any insurance company offers travel insurance for over 60 year old travelling to the UK for up to 6 months? My mum is mainland Chinese and will come to the UK soon. Where can she get a good travel insurance?

Thanks,
    Amy
    You need to search a bit. I recently found alink (I believe on this forum or on www.flyertalk.com). That insurance is accepting policies even when you are already on your way. You then of curse have a few days waiting period until coverage starts. They are good for any country except the one of permanent residence. But there was an age limit, not sure if over 60 was acceptable. If I find the link again I will post it. I believe it is UK based, because they only offered one trip insurances except for UK residents.

Another link I found is this:
    http://www.worldnomads.com/pricesand...px?Country=CHN

But it is not that difficult to find. I just googled for
    travel insurance worldwide
    Last edited by hktraveller; 22-02-2009 at 11:09 AM.

Is your mum Hk resident? If so, then she can use Hk insurance company. Most of the banks offer travel insurance, so call them up.

If she is prc resident, then she needs to go through a travel insurance company in the prc normally. However I would call up the banks in Hk up and ask them I'd travel insurance extends to prc residents.
    Posted via Mobile Device