Speech Therapy for English Speakers?

Closed Thread

Speech Therapy for English Speakers?

I've decided to take action on some slurring issues in my speech that's gradually developed over the years. I'm from Canada, and would be looking for a speech therapist with an American or Canada background preferably.

If there are any recommendations, please do reply. Forgive me if this was posted in the wrong forum, but it seems most logical to me.

Could it be a medical condition though thats the cause of it?

Speech impairment (adult)

Thanks for the suggestion Jimbo. I've thought about it before, and haven't really contacted a physician or anything about it.. I really wouldn't know who to go to and where to start with such a diagnoses, as, on the surface, it seems largely unrelated when it really may not be actually.

On the other hand, I have looked into it and most of the causes don't seem to correlate with my health background.. Though obviously just because I think so, is not indicative that I actually don't suffer from anything health-related.

I've actually taught English in Hong Kong, and have been asked again to teach this term.. My slurring was apparent last year, and is still prevalent today.. But it's not to the point where I cannot function in society. It's rather minute, but I'd rather fix it while it's minor then when it does become a nuisance.

If anybody has some input, would love to hear your thoughts, suggestions, suggestions, recommendations.