Kombucha in Central??

Kombucha in Central??

Hello,
    I have chronic acid reflux and have been suffering for over a year with it. Doctors cannot figure out what to give me to alleviate my symptoms; i've had lots of tests and have been on many prescription medicines to no avail. They are sure it has to do with gastritis/acid reflux, but nothing is working for me. My diet and lifestyle habits are exactly as they should be for eliminating this condition, yet it persists every single day.

Long story short, when i was home in the US, i started drinking bottled Synergy Kombucha tea. It seemed to help a bit, at least relieving symptoms about 50% of the time (which is better than nothing at this point). The company told me that unfortunately, they do not sell it anywhere in Hong Kong. Does anyone know where I might be able to find another reputable, high-quality brand in (or nearby) Central? I am desperate for some relief. I know I can make it myself, but the temporary housing I am in is quite restricted in many ways, so it would be great to just be able to grab some at a nearby store.

Any info would be greatly appreciated...
    Thanks so much!

Have you tried a local herbal medicine doc as opposed to prescription medicines? That might be an option.

alternatives for acid reflux

Thanks so much for your response.... Yes, at home in San Francisco, I had many months of acupuncture, as well as Chinese herbs. I also tried a ton of home remedies, including apple cider vinegar, papaya enzymes, ginger tea....and the only 2 things that I ever saw even the slightest sign of relief with was the Synergy kombucha tea and Manuka honey. However, I'd be willing to try someone out here as well, as I am completely desperate... do you know of a reputable alternative/herbal medicine doctor? I'm a bit apprehensive to go to just anyone I can find...

Thanks again!

Komcucha

Try SOGO Causeway Bay. They have many Japanese food items in the basement.

Quote Originally Posted by erinj:
    Thanks so much for your response.... Yes, at home in San Francisco, I had many months of acupuncture, as well as Chinese herbs. I also tried a ton of home remedies, including apple cider vinegar, papaya enzymes, ginger tea....and the only 2 things that I ever saw even the slightest sign of relief with was the Synergy kombucha tea and Manuka honey. However, I'd be willing to try someone out here as well, as I am completely desperate... do you know of a reputable alternative/herbal medicine doctor? I'm a bit apprehensive to go to just anyone I can find...

Thanks again!
    Would you consider Ayurveda? I have had similar problem for years and I tried Allopathy & Homeopathy, my condition remained. I wasn't able to eat much, (food disgusted me), loosing hair and sleep and bad constitution over all. Then reluctantly I tried Ayurveda and boy did it work like a charm! I am sure there must be some ayurveda practitioner here in HK, if you are up for a trial.

I have the same problem and take Omeprazole 20mg daily, available in Fanda pharmacaies all over HK. Works like a charm, no reflux whatsoever!

I also take omeprazole but it doesn't always work for me. In case it doesnt I take Pepzan as well (which is much cheaper too).

As for natural remedies - almonds are quite good (preferably without any additives or flavourings)