URGENT HELP Hospitals HK

Closed Thread

Exclamation URGENT HELP Hospitals HK

Hi All,
    My gf, is really not well and we have been to the public hospitals many times only to wait for hours, are there any other places where we will get good advice/treatment, i know it will come with a cost, but what/how much would i be looking at?

thanks!

You can check out Adventist on Stubs Road, or
    HK Sanatorium, 2 Village Road, Happy Valley, Hong Kong Tel : 2572 0211 Fax:2835 8008.
    Cost is difficult to estimate. Mimimum few thousands

out patient at the sanatorium is $340 i think. no wait and is 24 hours.
    maybe a few thousands for minor surgery

If it is not a critical problem, look around for a good GP. The problem with Sanitorium / Adventist / Cannosa is you'll get whatever random GP is on duty that day. Not all are equal and some of them seriously suffer from the overmedication syndrome that affects HK doctors.

I'd go to those hospitals if I need someone to look at something urgently and it was not too critical.

Look around for Sue Jamieson's and Lauren Bramley's practices.

bupa

I joined Bupa, and as far as I know, you have immediate cover. GP's as a result are much cheaper, not sure about hospitals. Good luck.

Just go to any private hospitials, if you do not require surgey and just medication then total cost will range from 400 to 1000 depending on the hospitial. 400 to 1000 in total for medication and doctor cost. It is not expensive at all.

Last edited by Statuecollector; 05-04-2009 at 09:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer:
    You can check out Adventist on Stubs Road, or
    HK Sanatorium, 2 Village Road, Happy Valley, Hong Kong Tel : 2572 0211 Fax:2835 8008.
    Cost is difficult to estimate. Mimimum few thousands
    Does not cost that much in any hospitial in Hong Kong just for doctor fees and medication. Guess you are stupid..