flaxseed in HK?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Quote Originally Posted by kombuchakid
    The name of Konbucha [sic] in Putonghua (Mainland China) is ?? and in Mandarin (Taiwan) is ??? ,??? or ???.
    ? ? ~pronounced like "Hoi BO" (as in "Little Bo Peep") - literal meaning: Sea Treasure/jewel;

? ? ? ~something like "Horng Cha GOO" - Red Tea Mushroom, the black tea made straight from specific Chinese mushroom;

? ? ? ~maybe like "Horng Cha KwUN" (with last bit rhyming & pitching like "RUN!") - literally: Red Tea Yeast/bacteria-culture;

? ? ? ~like "HONG-Poe Cha" - Healthy Common-popular Tea.

Not sayin' I'm 100% about the above - the novice-learner that I am... Anyways, me guess is that the last phrase there is the more common name for Kombucha tea 'round these parts. Good K hunting.
    Last edited by emmie; 23-04-2009 at 01:55 AM. Reason: Above "mimicking Canto" for non-Chinese speakers - so don't shoot!

flax seed oil, powder and seed is avail. at local healthfood store green dot dot as well

Last edited by timklip; 26-04-2009 at 11:37 AM.

In the Lair of the Village Idiot's Apprenctice
    Quote Originally Posted by emmie
    ? ? ~pronounced like "Hoi BO" (as in "Little Bo Peep") - literal meaning: Sea Treasure/jewel;

? ? ? ~something like "Horng Cha GOO" - Red Tea Mushroom, the black tea made straight from specific Chinese mushroom;

? ? ? ~maybe like "Horng Cha KwUN" (with last bit rhyming & pitching like "RUN!") - literally: Red Tea Yeast/bacteria-culture;

? ? ? ~like "HONG-Poe Cha" - Healthy Common-popular Tea.

Not sayin' I'm 100% about the above - the novice-learner that I am... Anyways, me guess is that the last phrase there is the more common name for Kombucha tea 'round these parts. Good K hunting.
    Thank you kindly Dear Lady for that most erudite and precise pronounciation tutorial, now Ill be able to roll my R's with the best of them.
    Acutally I dont hunt K!
    rather I am guardian to the mother lode
    and hence need to know what the bloody thing is called in the lingo of the land[for when the the locals come acalling]
    Last edited by kombuchakid; 26-04-2009 at 11:46 AM. Reason: dropped R's

Thanks everyone. I managed to find a pack of organic flaxseed in Fusion (aka Park'nRob) in for HKD19. Now I just need a coffee grinder ^_^;;;

In the Lair of the Village Idiot's Apprenctice
    Quote Originally Posted by thisdress
    Thanks everyone. I managed to find a pack of organic flaxseed in Fusion (aka Park'nRob) in for HKD19. Now I just need a coffee grinder ^_^;;;
    Ha!
    I see you chickened out from visiting the bird shop, no matter once you have some flax in you I'm sure you will pluck up courage to peck at the cheap stuff from the coop next time.
    Krupps, those purveyors of fine machine guns to the Luftwaffe, make an excellent grinder generally looked down on by coffee aficinados, but I use one for everything from coffee and nuts to chillis.
    The Model KM75 can be had for a couple hundred .
    Last edited by kombuchakid; 27-04-2009 at 11:49 AM. Reason: nineteen whole dollars is incredibly cheep for Pns +Organic!

Crushed up the stuff in my blender and it works just fine. Gosh I miss the taste

Not exactly chickening out, kombucha, but I plan to pig out on the stuff and I like the PnS price tag

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3