View Poll Results: What do you think of the HK Government's response to the Swine Flu?

Voters
86. You may not vote on this poll
  • Fabulous - completely agree with all of their actions

7 8.14%
  • Excellent - I agree with most of what they have done but perhaps the quarantine was too far

5 5.81%
  • Excellent - I agree with most of what they have done, but a few things they could have done better

12 13.95%
  • Good - I don't necessarily agree with everything but I think they have my best interests at heart

24 27.91%
  • OK - I know they mean well but wish they did quite a few things differently

9 10.47%
  • So-so - don't really care one way or another anyway

3 3.49%
  • Bad - but I don't care enough to whinge about it or protest

2 2.33%
  • Pretty bad - the quarantine makes HK look dumb

12 13.95%
  • Useless - they should have tracked down and quarantined every living soul anywhere near that Mexican

3 3.49%
  • Idiotic - bordering on the criminally incompetant

9 10.47%

What do you think of the management of the swine flu?

Closed Thread
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 3 8 9 10 11

Don't you love Chinglish? Or perhaps, Swineglish if more apt. I thought Beijing stamped this kind of poor signage out before the Olympics. Anyway, from a quarantined Beijing hotel...

classics...

Quote Originally Posted by ScotchDrinker:
    Mind you perhaps they saw the names of the first two kids and thought the parents were druggies - Echo and Lennon.

Quote Originally Posted by Apple0824:
    Hey why doesnt the government use a product that can continously kill germs?

There is this product I heard that can kill germs for 24 hours if applied to the skin. The government should be giving this out in the airport for anyone entering the country.

I bet this will safer guard those in Hong Kong, than us all getting contaminated and being the walking dead!
    Really Apple? You needed to revive a month-old thread to share this pearl of "wisdom" with us?

You clearly have no clue what you're talking about and the term "walking dead" is hardly applicable to swine flu.....it's not a terminal illness.

Quote Originally Posted by climber07:
    Really Apple? You needed to revive a month-old thread to share this pearl of "wisdom" with us?

You clearly have no clue what you're talking about and the term "walking dead" is hardly applicable to swine flu.....it's not a terminal illness.
    I think the next post will be some from someone (completely unrelated to apple of course) telling us where we can buy this magic potion.

Look I heard this from a friend.
    Yeah. Has it not occurred to you that if it was true it might be really popular at the moment?

Hey I foundly found the product that I was talking about and even the website, it was in Watsons...
    Check out the website: Siqclean
    From the test results it does provide 24 hours of continuous reduction in germs by a process called lysis. Apparently like some physical puncture of the germ and electrolytic charge to kill them...
    It's just a standard hand sanitiser. Soap is just as effective. Companies like this that play on the fear of people who don't really understand how viruses operate should be shot.

hey, i reckon they could make this stuff into a vaporisor, so it micro-coats the air sacules in the lungs. this would mean you would not get infected by any respiratory tract viruses. pretty neat huh??

it's a shame you'd suffocate, but atleast you'd be virus free - YAY!!!

i fail to see how this would reduce the incidence of transmission of any aerosole born infection, assuming the obvious commonsense hygiene practices were followed...

Sarcasm - because beating the crap out of people is illegal

The link you gave has nothing to do with viruses. It is about bacteria.

And anti-bacterial sanitisers do not kill viruses.

Closed Thread
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 3 8 9 10 11