dentists in HK

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

I happened to me too. I had go to the hygienist every 3 mths even. And she spends lots of time doing manual scaling and I pay £35 per visit.
    But I went to the dentist for the first time along with the ultrasonic scaling, it took also 10-15 mins and some time for the dentist to scan through my teeth and it costs $620.

Also felt cheating, coz my teeth didn't feel really clean as my visits back in the UK?

"glad" that I am not the only one who had this experience I guess HK is light years ahead of western nations in term of care. NOT

Quote Originally Posted by mytimeoff:
    I happened to me too. I had go to the hygienist every 3 mths even. And she spends lots of time doing manual scaling and I pay £35 per visit.
    But I went to the dentist for the first time along with the ultrasonic scaling, it took also 10-15 mins and some time for the dentist to scan through my teeth and it costs $620.

Also felt cheating, coz my teeth didn't feel really clean as my visits back in the UK?

It depends on which dentist you go to. Personally for all my health needs I still go to expat doctors and Dentist mainly in Central, only cause i work there. Also I found I have had communication problems with local dentist. Expat Dentist are more expensive but then in life you get what you pay for. I don't go often, but just have yearly dental check up and clean with DR Ray at Pacific dental care, his from US as well 25211663

On occasions in the past I have also found that my teeth didn't feel as "individual" after cleaning here, compared to the UK.

Now I use Dr. Felix Fok at the Caritas Clinic on Caine Road. Very nice chap - speaks good English and always explains what's going on and shows you in the mirror or with a model tooth. So gentle I even fell asleep while he was doing a root canal on me! Tel 2524 2071 for appointments.

I've also only recently discovered the difference using an electric toothbrush makes. It really seems to do a better job of preventing the build up of plaque between the teeth.