Locks of Love

Closed Thread

Locks of Love

Does anybody know if there are any hair salons that assist with donating hair to locks of love? (and can give a decent haircut too )

Sarcasm - because beating the crap out of people is illegal

Isn't Locks of Love a US organisation? It might be that you get your hair cut here (according to LoL requirements) and send the hair to the organisation so it can sell it.

A friend of mine recently donated her locks, here's the excerpt from her mail -

"This is not just a trim. This is a whole lot of hair for the chop. All the monies raised will be donated to Hong Kong Cancer Fund who really provides support where it is needed. To donate simply click on  the following link:
    Hong Kong Cancer Fund
    What happens with the cut piece of hair
    I will be sending it to Locks of Love, a public non-profit organization that provides vacuum fitted hair pieces to financially disadvantaged children suffering from long-term medical hair loss from any diagnosis. www.locksoflove.org"

Hope this helps..

Sarcasm - because beating the crap out of people is illegal

There is also this place, which doesn't have the controversary around it like LoL. Wigs for Kids hair restoration for children

I donated 12 inches a couple of years ago to Locks of Love but that was back in the states but I am not sure if any salons here are familiar with the organization. Gunsnroses....that is a really good idea! Do you think that I could do the same thing? May I contact your friend to find out? Here is a picture of my hair and that was about a year ago....it is much longer now as I haven't had it cut since.

Last edited by due2008; 08-05-2009 at 07:58 PM.