Good hospitals in HK

Closed Thread

Good hospitals in HK

Hello Everybody!

I moved to HK about 1 year ago and at once discovered Canossa Hospital on Old Peak Road. The service is okay and, since most of my medical expenses are covered by insurance , I didn't pay much attention to the bills (which where not really low). However after I recently got simple cough and had to visit the doctor in the hospital 3 times for cough syrup and still am not healed, I am looking for your experience in a bit more modern hospitals in HK.

Can anybody recommend a good hospital?

Why are you visiting a doctor for cough syrup? Just go buy it in a pharmacy...

Well, its obviously not a simple cough then.

Canossa, is "ok" in my opinion if you have no where to go and the timing is outside normal doctors hours. I would avoid the doctors at the hospital unless I belive I need some additional tests. They tend to overmedicate with antibiotics and their diagnosis is quite rushed (conjuntivitis in my case when the symtoms are different).

Would recommend finding another doctor, preferably someone trained outside the Hong Kong system and more clued into non-alopathic medicines / treatments.

Quality Health (or something like that) in Prince's Building has been pretty good for us. I agree with KIA about Canossa, way too many bottles of drugs for simple things. Also, there was a thread a few months ago with doctor recommendations. I did go to one in Prince's that was highly recommended on that thread and found him to be very good--not part of Quality Health, and was western educated, thought out of the box and recommeded some non-medicinal solutions to my persistent month long cough.