Hair loss typical in Hong Kong?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Hair loss typical in Hong Kong?

I shall be staying one year in Hong Kong and still have six months to go. I am female and since arriving in Hong Kong I started to lose my hair. When I went back on a short holiday to my home country I stopped losing hair. When I came back to Hong Hong I restarted losing hair again. I am not stressed or nervous so that cannot be the cause although I will start getting nervous of course the bolder I''ll get. Actually, when I look around me on the MTR I see that there are many young women from whom you can easily see the skull.
    Never in my life I saw that many women with so little hair so I guess my hair loss must be linked to Hong Kong. Could the climate here be the problem or is there anybody out there who could give me some more information on this? I certainly hope it will regrow once I am back in Europe..Thank you in advance for your response.

I'm having hair loss problems as well.
    My stylist said it's common for western women because of the pollution, increased sun damage (heat) and the shampoo.
    Mine's getting really bad. If you find a solution, let me know!

Not just women as well, I get the same thing too.

Hair comes out in clumps after washing it and had to change shampoo as well, I had to get my shampoo shipped over from UK which seems to of lessens the problem.

is it the water?

I'm told I'm going bald too, and I'm only 30(male). It's not bad, but it does seem like the last few years in hk I have been find so many hairs around the house, in my laptop, in the sink, everwhere.

I was considering starting some kind of prevention plan but am afraid of the side effects. What shanmpoos are you importing that work better? What else are you doing to help? aren't the shampoos in the supermarket (western brands) imported anyway?
    Posted via Mobile Device

Depends on where they're made I guess.
    I use wash and go bought from the u.k and its not been anywhere near as bad as Herbal essences which I bought from here.

Quote Original Post:
    is it the water?
    I was thinking that too.... My hair has been falling out a lot since I arrived but I brought my shampoo from home so I don't think it's that. It's either the climate, pollution, water or all of the above. Some people even mention msg...

im not going bald... but im 24 and going a bit grey...

iv not noticed any greater hair loss though...

maybe we are getting old.

I actually have opposite experience, I have noticed my hair have grown and have more volume to them then before I came to HK. Though, I can see a grey here and there, but that's okay. I am happy I am not loosing hair, because back home I had accepted my fate that I'll be bald before I turn 35...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast