Recommendation for a gynaecologist: Dr Lucy Lord

Closed Thread

Recommendation for a gynaecologist: Dr Lucy Lord

Dr Lucy Lord has recently delivered my baby and I was so impressed with the care I received that I felt the need to write this and recommend her to any expectant mothers.

I arrived in Hong Kong to discover I was three months pregnant and had no idea of how the system for having a baby worked. I was also pretty traumatised from the pain of the very long and "drug free" birth of my first child. When I found out c-sections seemed to be normal practice I was delighted and booked in to have one with an obstatrician I found very quickly, after feeling the pressure to "secure a bed". Someone then recommended Lucy Lord to me and said that I should go and see her if nothing else.

And so I went to see Lucy, whom I found to be professional, focused, committed and intuitive. Whilst she was happy to give me a c-section she believed that it was not the right choice for me and that my "tortuous" experience in the UK had led me to fear natural child birth and that if she could provide me with a better experience (through an induction that she assured me would take away 90% of the pain) then my fear would be alleviated. She was not pushy in the slightest, rather she presented a strong and rational case and with a month before my due date I decided to opt for an induction.

The experience turned out to be extremely positive, with a speedy delivery and minimal pain and I am now so grateful to the recommendation to see Lucy.

Every expectant mother has different wishes and expectations and that is why I believe Lucy is such a great doctor - she combines the role of both a midwife and obstetrician and will work with you and help you achieve the birth that is right for you - whether it be drug free, the use of pain relief, induced or if you really want then a c-section.

And the cost was?

(Compared to the HK$100 in the public system)

Quote Originally Posted by PDLM:
    And the cost was?

(Compared to the HK$100 in the public system)
    From the sounds of it - worth every penny, whatever it was. This kind of information could be very useful to expectant mothers - perhaps you should also post in Geobaby too if you have not already?

I agree - it would have been worth every penny after such a traumatic first birth....

Best to continue this on http://www.geobaby.com/tools/search.php?q=lucy%20lord. We don't do Dr reviews / recommendations on here. Lots of comments about Dr Lucy Lord on GeoBaby... just add this to the rest if you want to.

Last edited by shri; 09-06-2009 at 06:01 PM.