View Poll Results: Does the H1N1 worr you?

Voters
75. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I am absolutely terrorised!

2 2.67%
  • Yes, quite worried. One never knows.

11 14.67%
  • So so.

14 18.67%
  • Not really. It seems to be more hot air than anything else.

28 37.33%
  • I really really couldn't care less. Yawn. Bring me out of here!

20 26.67%

Does the H1N1 worry you?

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by hullexile:
    Why high BP? You are a bit young for that aren't you?
    Age doesn't necessarily have anything to do with it. I've been on BP medicine since early 20s. Part of it is genetics and part of it is....banking....

Quote Originally Posted by climber07:
    Age doesn't necessarily have anything to do with it. I've been on BP medicine since early 20s. Part of it is genetics and part of it is....banking....
    I thought that was meant to make you go blind? Oh banking, sorry read it wrong

One of the benefits of not being an alpha male, normal blood pressure.

Quote Originally Posted by hullexile:
    I read 41% of those hospitalised in New York with this flu had asthma. No idea what the proportion of people in New York with asthma is in general though. New York does seem to be taking the brunt of it in the US for some reason. Theories are high density living plus colder weather than elsewhere.
    update on this, 29 out of the 101 USA deaths have been in New York.

I found out last night that the apartment block where a friend of mine lives in Tai Hang has had a swine flu outbreak. I was there less than a week ago and had to get in a lift with a primary school child whose school had been closed. I made a joke to my mate about it at the time and we laughed about how I might of caught it from the kid.

Whilst I joke about it, I know there are risks and until now i've not let it bother me.. but it is starting to bother me a bit. I have a massively weakened immune system due to an operation I had when I was 22 and swine flu is definately on the up whether we want to admit it or not.

Last edited by kenbo23; 19-06-2009 at 11:01 AM.

And to the person who wrote "Safran - Your tireless resilience despite several acid jibes & blows is amazing (& amusing!). Carry on ;-)" I say:

If you think that some lowlives who hide their ignorance behind their arrogance are going to affect me in any way, you are wrong. Sooner or later they will get their reality check, just like DPLM did. A few months ago he considered himself the biggest financial genius the world had ever seen and took everybody in contempt. Then he lost all his life savings in the crash, and even his boss realised he didn't actually have a clue and fired him. Where is he now? Banks are full of people who don't have a clue and think that the more arrogant they are, the later their colleagues and boss will realise how incompetent they actually are. Unfortunately some members of this board (boris, hullexile, livingin, etc.) are as arrogant here as they have to be at work.

Last edited by Safran; 22-06-2009 at 11:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Safran:
    And to the person who wrote "Safran - Your tireless resilience despite several acid jibes & blows is amazing (& amusing!). Carry on ;-)" I say:

If you think that some lowlives who hide their ignorance behind their arrogance are going to affect me in any way, you are wrong. Sooner or later they will get their reality check, just like DPLM did. A few months ago he considered himself the biggest financial genius the world had ever seen and took everybody in contempt. Then he lost all his life savings in the crash, and even his boss realised he didn't actually have a clue and fired him. Where is he now? Banks are full of people who don't have a clue and think that the more arrogant they are, the later their colleagues and boss will realise how incompetent they actually are. Unfortunately some members of this board (boris, hullexile, livingin, etc.) are as arrogant here as they have to be at work.

Some factual errors. I don't think PDLM lost all his life savings. He did not work in a bank. Nor do Boris, myself, or Movingin (I assume that is who you mean by Livingin).

And you were just starting to do well. But this post is pointless, stupid and bordering on offensive.

Everyone has been effected by the financial turmoil of the past year. PDLM is no exception - and never claimed to be a financial genius. But just because he has some HSBC shares, doesn't mean they make up a significant portion of his investments. No area of investments has been left unscathed - shares, bonds, property, etc have all suffered because of the recklessness of certain corporations/individuals.

Even you have made financial comments, that in hindsight may seem a little stupid, like a HSBC stock price comment:
    http://www.geoexpat.com/forum/post305607-77.html

Or lining up and withdrawing all of your money from BEA:
    http://www.geoexpat.com/forum/post251415-51.html

I see very little arrogance on this forum from regular posters. Most put forward their point of view well and are not afraid to disagree in an intelligent manner. Pointing out specific members for special attention, as you have done, shows you to be small minded and ignorant, especially considering these members are not guilty of the arrogance you are claiming.

And remember, alot of people go to F1 for the crashes and action, not to see who the winner is.

Quote Originally Posted by Crocodile:
    I see very little arrogance on this forum from regular posters.
    You should have a look at the personal attacks on me, including many asinine ones like this one: http://www.geoexpat.com/forum/post384583-14.html. I simply reply tit for tat, and tell them what I think of their hot-air-arrogance.

And I would also have the right to sell Lehman bonds if I felt they are unsafe when they looked safe and fantastic investment. See the relationship? Similarly, I have the right to withdraw my money from any bank I want to (even from BEA) if I feel my money is safer elsewhere, even if everybody said it's the best bank in the world. I can do what I want with my money.

You should have a look at the personal attacks on me, including many asinine ones like this one: http://www.geoexpat.com/forum/post384583-14.html. I simply reply tit for tat, and tell them what I think of their hot-air-arrogance.

And I would also have the right to sell Lehman bonds if I felt they are unsafe when they looked safe and fantastic investment. See the relationship? Similarly, I have the right to withdraw my money from any bank I want to (even from BEA) if I feel my money is safer elsewhere, even if everybody said it's the best bank in the world. I can do what I want with my money.
    Well if that is the worst insult that has come your way you have done well. I certainly have been called worse. Why pick a comment from someone not on your hit list by the way?

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast