Where to go for Medical check up?

Closed Thread

Where to go for Medical check up?

Currently living in DB.

I went to the doctors in DB around a month ago with suspected flu & was charged an arm & a leg for consultation, tests, diagnosis etc... Medical insurance will cover some of this cost, but not all...

I am now in the situation where I need to visit the doctors again & I am 99.9% confident about my current condition which will need a treatment of anti-biotics.

How can I avoid the massive costs that I know DB surgery will charge me for tests etc? Any recommendations? I work in Wanchai!

I miss the NHS sooo much!

Sarcasm - because beating the crap out of people is illegal

There are cheaper alternatives. The cheapest being Hong Kong's answer to the NHS.

But I guess you don't miss paying 50% of your income in tax?

You can just buy antibiotics over the counter in local pharmacies should you so wish, or, as Claire says, use the local public health service.

Never earned enough in the Uk to be hit by a 50% income tax. 30% was bad enough though, so i'll let HK off this time.

Excuse my ignorance - but do I need to make an appointment to use see a public health service GP?

What are the costs associated as a guide?

Can anyone reccomend a GP in Wanchai area, so I can get it over and done with in my lunch break?

Cheers guys!

Sarcasm - because beating the crap out of people is illegal

Here is all the government General Out-patient Clinics. Yes, there is one in Wan Chai, listed with the address, booking phone number and opening hours (but you might have to move your lunch time or go after work).
    Hospital Authority

Otherwise, just use the *beep* Yellow Pages which is searchable by area.

There is an American Chinese lady Dr who makes 'office / house calls'. Email her for more info: [email protected]

dr. yap in caine road (below the wellcome and watson stores) is a reasonable priced doctor