Hairdresser

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Smile Hairdresser

Hi

Ive just moved to Hong Kong and would like to find a really really good hairdresser. I'm very particular about my hair (as are most girlies) and want to find someone who can cut quite a technical bob and able to colour blonde hair well (highlights). Ideally I'd like to go somewhere which does Wella colour as I have my colours written down and not pay through the roof!!! - if anyone can recommend someone I'd be eternally grateful.

Liam at Toni and Guy on Wellington St does my colour (base colour and blonde highlights). Not cheap and T&G use Loreal colours but I'd certainly recommend him...

I think its better David Salon that is really best. Anything you want style they do.

ArKay

If you don't mind me asking do you know what they charge for hald a head of highlights?

Mine's $1600 I think for the base colour and half head of highlights - not sure how it breaks down between the two tho.

Philip at Philip George

Try Robin, Brad or indeed anyone at Paul Gerard in Pottinger Street -- all very experienced and they listen.

If you have the colours written down, it doesn't really matter what brand the salon uses as the colour numbers are universal. Paul Gerard writes my colours down when I go to UK for 2 months and while the hairdresser there uses a different brand the colour codes ensure the same colour.

Quote Originally Posted by LisaE:
    Hi

Ive just moved to Hong Kong and would like to find a really really good hairdresser. I'm very particular about my hair (as are most girlies) and want to find someone who can cut quite a technical bob and able to colour blonde hair well (highlights). Ideally I'd like to go somewhere which does Wella colour as I have my colours written down and not pay through the roof!!! - if anyone can recommend someone I'd be eternally grateful.

All the aussie blondes I know, and myself go to Paul Gerrard, and see the aussie red head there katherine I think her name is, I have not been for a while, but trust me she is good. ph 98694408

Forget Tony and Guy I have not heard good things and are overpriced for what they do.

T&G

In the interests of fairness, I'll counter Pandabearest's comment with this:

I've been going to Tony and Guy for over 6 years now (with the odd trepid, and ultimately unsatisfying, foray into other salons over the years) and have always been perfectly happy with them. Not cheap, no, so I don't often get a cut there - the $68 job in local salons does me fine - but as far as their colourists go, I've nothing bad to say about them. But it all comes down to your own personal experience of a place for sure.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast