Out of date vitamins

Closed Thread

Out of date vitamins

I have loads of out of date vitamins/supplements - only by about 6 months. Anyone know if it is still okay to take these?

i think it depends on the supplement. most B group vits should be ok if tablet form. When where they manufactured? the best before date is generally well within the safe shelf life of a product, and really most vit's will only become less potent rather than toxic, but once again depends on formulation. liquids and gels wont last as well. if the manufacture date is 5yrs before the best before date, then 6 months expired is hardly going to make a difference. however if the manufacture date was 12 months before expiry, then one would hazard a guess the product would not fare to well 6 months after expiry, however i'd be suprosed if they were "bad".

the other thing - are they still sealed/unopened? if not, are they still dry? if not, dump them.

Tablet form, unopened, and not wet. I cannot find the manufacture date though. It only has a serial number and the best before end date. Might risk them I think. Thanks for the advice.