Low-Budget (but decent) Private Medical Insurance

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Sarcasm - because beating the crap out of people is illegal

I just clicked on the banner above for Alliance. It seems to compare different plans for you.
    Compare the Health Insurance & Life Insurance Market

Well in that case make sure that you have "key person" insurance, because I suspect that the most likely bad thing that could happen to your employees is you dropping dead.

Quote Originally Posted by PDLM:
    Well in that case make sure that you have "key person" insurance, because I suspect that the most likely bad thing that could happen to your employees is you dropping dead.
    Sometimes a bit controversial given the "dead peasant" insurance schemes in the US.

They a quite different thing, although on a quick review I don't really see any problem with the concept of "dead peasant" schemes either.

I have been in touch with Alliance and they are doing some hunting for me now.. will let people know if they come up with a good arrangement.

hughb - to echo what was said, 5 people can form a group plan. They don't need to be employees.

For basic insurance - stuff that pays for emergencies and a few more things... which I'd call decent and was happy when my employer used to pay for it. Look at the non-brand name companies - outfits that don't spend millions on yatch regattas or stuff that the expat IFA's might not recommend because they offer piss poor commissions.

Here's a complete list - List of insurance companies in Hong Kong - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

In addtion to Alliance, I'd also drop the guys at Kwiksure a line.