Like Tree1Likes

Dermatologist/Skin Clinic

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Dr Tinny Ho is really good. She is in Central 2901 1281.

I've been going to her for some time. I don't have acne but I am trying to avoid ever having a face lift. However, a friend of mine went to her for adult acne and was very happy with her.

OK to pm me if you want a personal reference.

goodkarma,

Thank you for the name of your doctor. I will give her office a shout and if I can't get in will drop you a note.

Best,
    Canucker

Smile Found something that works!!

Canucker~~I am in almost the exact same position as you--only Accutane worked years ago, and now with trying for family not able to take any medications.

I'm in the preliminary stages, but I found something that's working quite well. It's a product line called Dermalogica. I use the Anti-Bacteria Wash on problem spots, and then they have a calming wash for the rest of my face. I've used it now for about two weeks and my face is completely clear and back to normal.

I know there are several places to purchase in Hong Kong, but I bought mine from back home. If you do a Search of Dermalogica on here, it brings up a thread someone wrote a couple months ago with several suggestions of places to purchase.

Good luck to you and if you choose to try it, I hope it works as well for you as it did for me.

Hi Chicago Girl 28...

I am in the same situation... was on Accutane 10 years ago and it worked but now am trying to start a family so I have to try to clear my system of everything. I am going to try to see a Dr. and see what they have to say... and depending what they say I may just give the Dermalogica stuff a try. I have seen it around at various spas and salons.

Thanks for the advice.

Canucker

Hi, I am going to book an appointment with Dr Tinny Ho as soon as possible, and I was wondering if you would be able to give me a personal reference. Thanks for your time.

Hope she really is as good as you said she is!

Best,
    Ruth

My pharmacist friend hooked me up with a few tubes of retin-a micro and that stuff cleared my skin up completely. No need for a dermatologist, I hear all they do is keep trying different drugs on your skin in a trial and error way anyway. Well, that is unless you ask for accutane from your dermatologist, because drugs stores don't sell them here in Hong Kong.

edit: Retin a micro is simply a vitamin A based topical gel, it's like a weaker, topical version of accutane with less side effects. You can get them for around 100 bucks a tube, give that stuff a try before you visit a dermatologist. It's a prescription drug because you'll get sun burn and possibly hyperpigmentation if you stay out in the sun and don't wear sunscreen.

Last edited by MikeLowrey; 21-07-2007 at 03:50 AM.

Glad you had success with Retin A micro. Topical treatments, like benzol peroxide, salicylic acid, retin A micro are usually the first line of defence when it comes to treatment. If after a few months (i.e. around 3) the treatment hasn't worked its time to move on and see a derm for more systemic treatments.

Last edited by JBest; 23-07-2007 at 06:06 PM. Reason: incomplete sentence

Quote Originally Posted by Chicago Girl 28:
    Canucker~~I am in almost the exact same position as you--only Accutane worked years ago, and now with trying for family not able to take any medications.

I'm in the preliminary stages, but I found something that's working quite well. It's a product line called Dermalogica. I use the Anti-Bacteria Wash on problem spots, and then they have a calming wash for the rest of my face. I've used it now for about two weeks and my face is completely clear and back to normal.

I know there are several places to purchase in Hong Kong, but I bought mine from back home. If you do a Search of Dermalogica on here, it brings up a thread someone wrote a couple months ago with several suggestions of places to purchase.

Good luck to you and if you choose to try it, I hope it works as well for you as it did for me.
    My skin has taken a dive for the worst since moving here too, it is nice to know I am not the only one.....I have been using Murad products since I came here but not with great success has anyone else had better results? Might give Dermalogica a go. I am getting married next year so am trying to sort this out sooner rather than later. I did speak to a doctor here about some treatments but they seemed far to quick and easy to offer me the 'hard' stuff which has scared me away.

After 11 months here, my skin is finally coming back under control. I'm also using Retin A micro but I think that adjusting to the climate has something to do with it too.

Frills - hopefully yours will settle down too by the time your wedding comes around.

Unhappy waaaaaah!

Quote Originally Posted by rc650457438:
    Hi, I am going to book an appointment with Dr Tinny Ho as soon as possible, and I was wondering if you would be able to give me a personal reference. Thanks for your time.

Hope she really is as good as you said she is!

Best,
    Ruth

hi ruth! so how was ur appointment with dr. tinny ho? is she really that good?

anyone here knows a really good dermatologist? im having my worst break-out ever and it's really not helping me with the kind of job im doing now heeeelp!