any doctor? working in health sector?

Closed Thread

any doctor? working in health sector?

Hi,

i'll be moving in HK in may, with my wife, pediatrician.

beside searching the hospitals, has any one a good advise (or connexion...) for her to be able to find a job there?

thanks

Only one advise,..and without doing that you wont be able to practise here:
    - She should get registered at the medical counsel, which will mean quiet a bit of paperwork and patience as it will take some time for them to proces.

Good Luck,

p.s. In the past there have been a few treads on this subject,..you might want to have a look at them.

Hi,

would you explain "won't be able to practice"!!!??? why so?

does anyone know to re direct me to previous threads on such subjects?

thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sebbb:
    Hi,

would you explain "won't be able to practice"!!!??? why so?

does anyone know to re direct me to previous threads on such subjects?

thanks
    Dear Sebb,

It is simple, if you are not registered at the medical counsil you are not allowed to work as a docter in HK (as in most countries).
    So your wife needs to get registered (which takes some paperwork and a lot of patience" ) but is not imposible.
    And then (after being registerd) she still needs to find a job,..which might be tricky as she is in a pretty specialized field. Maybe she can practise with a office at home but I don't know the details about that.

I hope it is a bit clearer now, this is as far as I know how the situation is. (please anyone correct me if I am wrong)
    Take a look here :http://www.mchk.org.hk/ (=website of the medical council) you might find better information there.

Good luck,..