Like Tree1Likes

Best Dentist in HK (Recommendation)

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Best Dentist in HK (Recommendation)

Hi there,

I'm a Kiwi recently moved to Hong Kong and have had some dental issues that I had to sort out. I've had a fantastic experience and just wanted to recommend a great dentist for Expat's to see.

I went to see Peter Young at Otago Medical Services (Level 22, Wing on Building in Cental). This guy was one of the best dentists I've ever had. He was trained in New Zealand, but is native Hong Kong.

I had to get an emergency root canal which required about 6 visits worth of work to get sorted. Throughout all of my visits he was very professional and told me everything he was doing and why he was doing it. For 5 of my visits I didn't need any anesthesia (and yet he did some pretty extreme work) without any major pain. I was extremely impressed.

i dare say that you pay for what you get. In my case my 6 visits, temporary crown and permanent crown cost and filling me $8500 HKD but it was well worth the money.

My only complaint was that he did some work without mentioning the cost and I had to ask but it really needed to be done anyway and it's not like I would have refused no matter what the price (it was kinda extensive). However all up it was a very good experience and all of my future dental work will be through him.

Just wanted to share with other expats who want a quality dentist. He also mentioned that if I had any adjustments or any issues with his work just to come back and he will happily sort it out (as everyone is unique) although so far it has been pretty flawless.

highly recommand my dentist Dr.Cheong

I would highly recommand my dentist Dr.Cheong.He is a very good one, in terms of knowledge, technique and service. However, his charges are reasonable. They welcome patients to enquire the charges beforehand. Dr. Cheong removed my wisdom teeth only charged me $3800 with check up and x-ray etc. Teeth cleaning only charge $220 and crown is about $2100.

Here is his #3514-6252. Dr. Cheong Yun Lung--dental surgeon. and the address is Shop 107,Hoi Lai Shopping Centre, Hoi Lai Estate, Lai Chi Kok,Kowloon, Hong Kong. Last time i saw him was half years ago,I think he is still at that location.

I will be moving to HK in late July and am looking for a dentist for my family. Do you know if these two dentists work on children teeth too (my daughter is 6yo)? If not, can you recommend one?

Thanks.

do you have his contact info? i cant seem to find otago medical services on google.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Carrot:
    Hi there,

I'm a Kiwi recently moved to Hong Kong and have had some dental issues that I had to sort out. I've had a fantastic experience and just wanted to recommend a great dentist for Expat's to see.

I went to see Peter Young at Otago Medical Services (Level 22, Wing on Building in Cental). This guy was one of the best dentists I've ever had. He was trained in New Zealand, but is native Hong Kong.

I had to get an emergency root canal which required about 6 visits worth of work to get sorted. Throughout all of my visits he was very professional and told me everything he was doing and why he was doing it. For 5 of my visits I didn't need any anesthesia (and yet he did some pretty extreme work) without any major pain. I was extremely impressed.

i dare say that you pay for what you get. In my case my 6 visits, temporary crown and permanent crown cost and filling me $8500 HKD but it was well worth the money.

My only complaint was that he did some work without mentioning the cost and I had to ask but it really needed to be done anyway and it's not like I would have refused no matter what the price (it was kinda extensive). However all up it was a very good experience and all of my future dental work will be through him.

Just wanted to share with other expats who want a quality dentist. He also mentioned that if I had any adjustments or any issues with his work just to come back and he will happily sort it out (as everyone is unique) although so far it has been pretty flawless.

Quote Originally Posted by jane363636:
    do you have his contact info? i cant seem to find otago medical services on google.
    William Leung in Central was recommended to me by one of my Aunties and he is fantastic and not absurdly expensive..

If someone can post a dentist that takes children 3 and 5 that would be great. My 5 years old may need surgery to extract extra growth or extra teeth.
    Thanks in advance.
    Posted via Mobile Device

Quote Originally Posted by ychia76:
    If someone can post a dentist that takes children 3 and 5 that would be great. My 5 years old may need surgery to extract extra growth or extra teeth.
    Thanks in advance.
    Posted via Mobile Device
    I recommend Dr Eugene Lai, he works at both Central and Repulse Bay offices at Tam, Hulac and Partners. He is excellent with children as he has children himself. He spends the time to explain the treatment and procedures and does not rush them, which is important when seeing children for the first time. They also have dental hygienists (not all dental offices do!) in the practice which if necessary the children can see too.

Thank you for posting the info.

Can anyone recommend good dentist for decayed teeth, better to be in east kowloon.. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Carrot:
    Just wanted to add that I went to see Peter Yeung (not Young - typo above) today - still at the same location at Wing On Building.

I was being paranoid and thought there was something wrong with my teeth, but he assured me after a check that I just needed a standard clean and my teeth was in good shape.

$500 for a clean so very reasonable pricing for being in Central. Was in and out of there in 20 mins and he was relatively on time. He had a friendly attitude and seemed to know what he was talking about.

So all in all, I second the recommendation for Peter and will be happy to see him again in the future. His details are here - 牙科醫生楊建治 DR YEUNG KIN CHI, PETER - 醫德網
    Last edited by ebayhtl; 19-08-2014 at 01:55 PM.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast