world cup on cctv

Closed Thread

world cup on cctv

i just found that cctv will live broadcast world cup games on cctv-1. at my home i can receive the signal of cctv-1, only the picture is not clear. does anyone know how to tune up to see the clear picture?

the stupid cable tv doesn't offer service in my area, and now-tv has nothing.

even your public antenna can receive the signal from china, the maintanence technican won't tune the antenna for the bldg to receive CCTV-1.....coz they most of the time, if you receive cctv-1 clear, the signal of local channel droped.....

another reason is that...
    cctv-1 broadcasted in VHF and local channel in UHF
    as far as i know..the public antenna system don't amplify VHF signals...but juz UHF signal...

where do you live???

do you have a window facing north and it's open upfront.....without barrier...

it's very very important.......coz you can install a cheap and small int. antenna and try to receive cctv-1

thanks for the explanation. i'm living in north Sai Kung. i do have a north (actually northeast) window. do you know where may i buy those kinds of cheap indoor antennas? thanks.

not showing all games on cctv 1 though - a lot are on cctv 5 instead

yes..but no free air-channel for CCTV-5...

go to mongkok or wanchai and buy a strong int. antenna and try to receive..

costs only 100 sth....should not be over 130

UHF, VHF/FM/TV Amplified Antenna

or save yourself the money and effort and find it streaming live on t'internet

Where is it on the web? I'm strugglign to find the live stream

There are some, but not stable and they are in mandarin. Email me and i send you the details.

I have read some of the post from other forum and somebody has pointed out that the followings and it does work:

The TV transmitters of the CCTV are from the north (shenzhen) and west side (zhuhai) of HK, which mean if you live in your an apartment have no blocking (windows) on the north side or west side of HK, you may purchase a indoor antenna and point it to the appropriate direction (north or west) with amplifier, you may achieve to recept the CCTV channel luckily.

Hope this may help.