External Hard Drive Case

Closed Thread

External Hard Drive Case

I am interested in buying external hard disk case with USB 2, Firewire connection and built-in fan to keeo it cool. Where should I go to get the best deal? I saw one shop in Mongkok computer plaza and they are selling quite expensive compared to what I see the online prices in USA. May be external drive case is not a big market in Hong Kong.

Thanks.

i got mine in the Wanchai computer centre, and there are lots of stores there, so getting a good bargain is easy. I bought a new webcam Saturday and just went from store to store until i got the price I wanted. They won't deal, fine, you take your money to their competitor down the hall! You'd think they'd learn...you don't get any money if I walk out the door.

Last edited by ReverendJay; 19-06-2006 at 03:21 PM.

External harddisk cases are very common PC accessory in HK. You can find it in all computer shopping centers locally.

I would personally recommend SAROTECH or TARGA cases. They have models that comes with both USB2.0 and Firewire. Case only, it cost around HK$300-400. Try Wanchai computer or 298 Computer Center.

HTH

Thnaks. I will check.

There is a discussion on the forum already about external HD cases and the general agreement seemed to be that the extra money was worth the extra security of a good external HD like Lacie.

I would warn agains TARGA's complete product line. even though its from germany it basicaly sucks.
    Things like they require you to send everyhting to Germany to repair it on warranty! i mean wtf!!!
    Its just so bad, my 20" mon was in over 6month, and they finaly admitted that they lost it, and sent me....a 2nd hand mon a refurbished pice of junk!!!!
    So there you have it.
    This was 5years ago so things might have changed, but not for me.. never ever TARGA again!

Quote Originally Posted by sylvesterjay:
    i got mine in the Wanchai computer centre, and there are lots of stores there, so getting a good bargain is easy. I bought a new webcam Saturday and just went from store to store until i got the price I wanted. They won't deal, fine, you take your money to their competitor down the hall! You'd think they'd learn...you don't get any money if I walk out the door.
    Not withstanding the fact that in Wanchai Computer Centre there aren't as many shops that meet the eye. Some of the 'stores' there trade out of 10 outlets (or more!) each one with a different name, but fundamentally the same company. So you go to a store down the corridor and you are in fact back in the same store - only you don't know it!

Quote Originally Posted by HKNewBi:
    Not withstanding the fact that in Wanchai Computer Centre there aren't as many shops that meet the eye. Some of the 'stores' there trade out of 10 outlets (or more!) each one with a different name, but fundamentally the same company. So you go to a store down the corridor and you are in fact back in the same store - only you don't know it!
    True true, same with Mongkok and Shamshuipo too.