trouble with samsung tech support

Closed Thread

trouble with samsung tech support

I bought a Samsung X10 notebook about 2 years ago, great machine, small light etc good spec for the time.
    The notebook fell off the coffe table ( about 2 feet ) which cracked the case. Although it worked perfectly, the two cracks in the lower case worried me, maybe dust damp ect would penetrate the inner wrokings,

So I sent it to be repaired by samsung ( out of guarantee ) After 1 month and loads of phone calls, I could still not get a reply regarding status of the repair, Samsung would just pass me through to thier sub contractor. I had to give up and buy a new notebook as going on a overseas trip soon.

So when the note book went in it was fully working, just 2 cracks on the case when returned not working at all !

Just wandered if anyone experienced the same with Samsung Customer Service ?

I am not normally one to rant and rave but this has b een my worst customer service experience

Why didn't you just cover the cracks up with some sort of tape?

Quote Originally Posted by MaxWonga:
    I bought a Samsung X10 notebook about 2 years ago, great machine, small light etc good spec for the time.
    The notebook fell off the coffe table ( about 2 feet ) which cracked the case. Although it worked perfectly, the two cracks in the lower case worried me, maybe dust damp ect would penetrate the inner wrokings,

So I sent it to be repaired by samsung ( out of guarantee ) After 1 month and loads of phone calls, I could still not get a reply regarding status of the repair, Samsung would just pass me through to thier sub contractor. I had to give up and buy a new notebook as going on a overseas trip soon.

So when the note book went in it was fully working, just 2 cracks on the case when returned not working at all !

Just wandered if anyone experienced the same with Samsung Customer Service ?

I am not normally one to rant and rave but this has b een my worst customer service experience
    i dont have a notebook tale to tell re samsung, but i got a samsung LCD TV a couple months ago and couldnt get the PC mode to work. i called them and they sent someone up two days later.

re: notebooks, if support is what u are after, there is only one company to consider -- Dell. because they dont have local "repair shops", anytime anything is wrong with ur notebook, they will come find u with the new part in tow, be it an LCD screen, a hard disk, or even the motherboard. they will swap the old for the new right in front of u.